Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: power brake dual master

Registered Member

Member #:4480
    bama its a stock master cylinder non power, I like to put a dual master front rear for safety reasons, the car is stock drums front and rear will that master bolt up or do I have do any work other than run a brake line to master. no proportioning valve required is that correct, also most cars with front and rear on dual master on most updated brakes the front of master is the rear and the rear of the master is the front is this still right

Registered Member

Member #:625
    I have seen many front disk conversions work well without a Proportioning Valve.

Registered Member

Member #:4480
    does anyone have a company I can get a dual master from that would bolt on thanks
    Last edited by roadster601@aol.com; 10-15-2020 at 03:54 PM.

Registered Member

I run one from a 69 GMC 1/2 ton 2wd. Many run a 67 Camaro or 68 Corvette. All available at any decent parts store.

Registered Member

Member #:571
    The 67 Camaro master cylinder is much smaller than the 68 Corvette, so it's less likely to have interference with the p/s pump. I'm going to guess the 69 GMC master cylinder is similar to the Camaro but don't know for sure.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_L View Post
    The 67 Camaro master cylinder is much smaller than the 68 Corvette, so it's less likely to have interference with the p/s pump. I'm going to guess the 69 GMC master cylinder is similar to the Camaro but don't know for sure.
    Appears to be same, I just used it because it was free.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12