Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Hello!!

Registered Member

Member #:4535

Hello!!

Hey guys, Michael here. From Upstate New York. Been a lurker for awhile. Nice site, seems like a great bunch of people. I registered because I'm trying to sell my mother's 55 Chevy Nomad. I'll get around to posting pictures once I find out what is allowed and not allowed.

Registered Member

Member #:4421
    pictures, yea!

Member #:3217
    Yes, I really need to see the photos/details of your mother's Nomad!

do you fear your photos are too large? Try one and see...?

Gary

Registered Member carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)'s Avatar

Member #:33
    hi Michael and welcome. good to have you here. wish I had my moms car(hint!).
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.

Registered Member

Registered Member

here is one pic I had on my phone, but I need to take more. The car is in great shape with exception to the drip rails on the roof. Frame has been all done. There is all brand new chrome moldings and brows that were over $5000. It'll come with everything to make the car complete. I believe there is a Fuel Injected motor with transmission sitting in it at the moment. She has approximately $25k into the car now. Is it worth that?

Member #:530
    It is worth whatever someone will pay for it, and a price that you will agree to.

Without seeing more pics, and knowing it comes from the northeast, it probably requires a lot of rust work to get it back to ship-shape.

With that said, here in SoCal...a car like that one might be worth $10K to $15K as is...and it will take another $50K to put into it to get it done (and then worth about $75K).
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Member #:3217
    to the OP: It is impossible to estimate $value of any car based on the limited information and 'partial photo' that you have posted. You should TRY to get more information from your mother as to how she has $25K in that car; perhaps she's bought valuable parts that will add to the value of the car, or that can be sold independently. If the 6-pieces of 55Nomad trim are *perfect*, then they might be worth the $5k she apparently paid?? what else did she spend $ on? How about photos of the COWL tag, and VIN plate, and firewall, underfloor, quarters, front fenders, hood, tailgate, liftgate, etc and the ROOF - mentioning that the drip rails have 'rust', makes most of us believe the entire roof is very bad and possibly would need replacement!

Bottom line: Get more information/details from your mother, AND MANY photos of the Nomad areas of interest and then we may be able to help you.