X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ontario55
    Registered Member
    • Sep 2020

JambTac wireless connectors

I'm needing new JambTac wireless connectors or also known as wireless door jamb connectors
    Keep It Simple has a unit and when I called Painless they no longer sell them
    Is there an alternative without going back to a wire and hiding it in a tube/ plastic conduit or hiding the wire in the hinge?
    Is the unit from Keep It Simple what everybody is using?
    Thxs
  • WagonCrazy
    Registered Member
    • Mar 2012

Not sure Ontario55.

There is a market for someone to custom mill a lower hinge that has the hidden wire slot. Know anyone with CNC capabilities and design software? Imagine new hinges in polished stainless...
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Comment

• Ontario55
      Registered Member
      • Sep 2020

Originally posted by WagonCrazy
      Not sure Ontario55.

There is a market for someone to custom mill a lower hinge that has the hidden wire slot. Know anyone with CNC capabilities and design software? Imagine new hinges in polished stainless...

Comment

• Rick_L
        Registered Member
        • Apr 2012

The Jamtac style conductors are not known for reliable use, and at best the pieces in the door and the A pillar must line up with accuracy which is difficult.

Comment

• WagonCrazy
          Registered Member
          • Mar 2012

Thanks Ontario. I may just be in the market for a pair of those soon...
          1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
          1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Comment

• Ontario55
            Registered Member
            • Sep 2020

Originally posted by Rick_L
            The Jamtac style conductors are not known for reliable use, and at best the pieces in the door and the A pillar must line up with accuracy which is difficult.
            I'm having issues with my connectors and will need to replace them. I may end up gong to the machined door hinge that allows for the wires to lay in a groove.

Comment

• Old Buzzard
              Registered Member
              • Jan 2017

These?
              Posted for description only.
              I'd not recommend anyone buying from these guys...
              Chevy Door Hinges, With Hidden Wiring Harness, 1955-1957 (classicchevy.com)

Used to be one of the members on the other board, that did that. Not sure if he still does.
              (128) Hinges for Wiring Passageway to Doors | Chevy Tri Five Forum
              Last edited by Old Buzzard; 01-24-2021, 06:59 PM.
              Injector inspector
              Walmart hottie stalker.
              USAF 60-64.
              The guys that brought you the Cuban missile crisis in living color!

Comment

• NickP
                Registered Member
                • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Ontario55
                I'm needing new JambTac wireless connectors or also known as wireless door jamb connectors
                Keep It Simple has a unit and when I called Painless they no longer sell them
                Is there an alternative without going back to a wire and hiding it in a tube/ plastic conduit or hiding the wire in the hinge?
                Is the unit from Keep It Simple what everybody is using?
                Thxs
                What feature needs to be repaired? I might be able to repair what you have but would need a set for dimensions and an accurate description of the malady.

Comment

• Ontario55
                  Registered Member
                  • Sep 2020

Originally posted by NickP
                  What feature needs to be repaired? I might be able to repair what you have but would need a set for dimensions and an accurate description of the malady.
                  Inconsistant and intermittent, connection not being made. I'm replacing power window motors and re-doing the interior so now is the time for a new unit
                  Thxs

Comment

Working...