Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Eye Brows for 1955 Nomad ??????????

Member #:3

Eye Brows for 1955 Nomad ??????????

No Clue how they fit or if they even sell them but they are on the site

http://www.goldenstarauto.com/produc...6499df91&_ss=r

1955 Chevy Nomad Eyebrow Moulding Set LH & RH

lView fullsize image
    jEmail us about this product
    SKU HL13-551P
    $1,199.95

Save

Quantity

1955 Chevy Nomad Eyebrow Moulding Set LH & RH by Golden Star Auto. If your old Eyebrow Moulding Set is rusted or damaged, we are proud to offer a Golden Star Classic Auto Parts designed replacement!

Information:

Eyebrow Moulding Set
    LH & RH
    Nomad
    Backed by a limited warranty

Years:

Placement:

Per Product Specifications

Available Shipping:

Ground

Over the years your original Eyebrow Moulding Set rusty, dented, cracked or scratched. Many parts, especially on classic vehicles, take the most beating from rain, road salt, dirt, debris, and time that eventually cause some areas to be completely rusted through.

Golden Star Auto has a quality designed Eyebrow Moulding Set for your Chevrolet Nomad at the price you want!
    Attached Images Attached Images

1955 2 DR Post
    1937 Chevy Coupe
    2023 Ford Super Duty F350 TREMOR
    2019 Corvette Z06
    1955 Chevy Nomad
    1935 Ford 2dr Slant back I have 4

Registered Member

Member #:571
    So we need a test pilot.

FWIW pot metal doesn't rust. I guess the Chinaman that wrote that doesn't realize that.

Member #:3217
    Sid? Don't you have a '55 Nomad? Why not write to them as the Owner/Administrator/TechAdvisor for this website/forum, and request they send you a pair for *Evaluation*? Then you could tell us what you think and show some photos.. and (maybe they'll let you keep them after)..

Not hearing super great things about their stamped sheet metal, I really wonder about what quality their potmetal eyebrows might exhibit..

Gary

Member #:115
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    Not hearing super great things about their stamped sheet metal, I really wonder about what quality their potmetal eyebrows might exhibit.. Gary
    Their floors are great, imo. I installed their floors from toe board to rear bumper and everything fit pretty good. It sure beats the US made 2-piece floor that's welded together and costs a lot more. Plus the GS floor braces have e-coat inside them. I haven't used any of their other sheetmetal, but I'm sure it'd better than nothing. Even original sheetmetal needs tweaking to fit right.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Member #:3217
    you're right Lazslo, their floors get good press from essentially everyone.. but body panels all need work to fit and look right; some of them considerable work.

PS. When I did my '57 Nomad 35 yrs ago, I ordered 2 or 3 floor sections which I welded in, and then took a couple of other pieces (underneath the rear seat, etc) from a junkyard car.. so using an entire floor from GS would have been a great aid but wasn't available at the time...

Member #:115
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    When I did my '57 Nomad 35 yrs ago, I ordered 2 or 3 floor sections which I welded in, and then took a couple of other pieces (underneath the rear seat, etc) from a junkyard car.. so using an entire floor from GS would have been a great aid but wasn't available at the time...
    When I did my Nomad floors, all that was available was the two half floors and all the braces and only for hardtops. I think the welded floor was new at the time and it was pushing $3000. I was reluctant to buy the welded floor, not only because of the cost, but because there was no protection inside the braces. I bought all the pieces from CARS, spread Rust Bullet inside the braces, and welded it all together myself. It was a ton of work and cost me around $2200 anyhow. Man, I sure wish the one-piece GS floor was available then. The GS floors I installed were on the HEMI55, not my Nomad.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax