Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is trifive.com DEAD? It seems that the company VerticalScope who owns it... is KILLING it...

Member #:1723
    Agree

Registered Member

Member #:3360
    Absolutely !!!!!!!!

Member #:3
    Quote Originally Posted by WagonCrazy View Post
    Put a link on here somewhere to donate $ to help you offset the costs...
    Paul , Thank you for the suggestion but no help needed , Please just try to get more folks to stop in and contribute to the site , Long Live 55-57 Chevys

Thanks Sid

1955 2 DR Post
    1937 Chevy Coupe
    2023 Ford Super Duty F350 TREMOR
    2019 Corvette Z06
    1955 Chevy Nomad
    1935 Ford 2dr Slant back I have 4

Member #:530
    You are a generous man Sid. And we all thank you for that.
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Member #:115
    Sometimes I wonder if this site is dead. Come on guys, you can do better. Most guys come here for "entertainment", to see other guys' projects. Sometimes they ask questions that we try to answer. But I know some also come to learn how to do stuff. I've learned a ton of things on this site and appreciate most of the guidance.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Member #:3
    Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if this site is dead. Come on guys, you can do better. Most guys come here for "entertainment", to see other guys' projects. Sometimes they ask questions that we try to answer. But I know some also come to learn how to do stuff. I've learned a ton of things on this site and appreciate most of the guidance.

This was email to me couple days ago I really did not want to post it but I think most of the past problems are behind us .
    Thanks All

Sid

I'm going to elaborate.

chevytalk.com has only one negative. Low volume.

trifivechevys.com had the "bully" poster (including his fight with RD). He quit posting for over two years so that became a non factor. He's back but he's behaving himself for the most part. Also there was a time when the site was dominated by political posts. That has been over for a long time. Between those two things was most if not all of the negativity. It's mainly just low volume now.

HAMB is "Hokey Ass Message Board". It's simply old school only.

Last, I've always been of the opinion that this site was way over moderated. Which is not moderate at all. The only thing about over moderation is that it's perhaps better than none at all.

So to me there are choices. Having all 3 doing well would be a good thing.

1955 2 DR Post
    1937 Chevy Coupe
    2023 Ford Super Duty F350 TREMOR
    2019 Corvette Z06
    1955 Chevy Nomad
    1935 Ford 2dr Slant back I have 4

Member #:115
    I'll elaborate too. If you look at the "fights" with guys like RD, and a couple others I won't mention, I always got attacked/bashed first and I fought back and I don't consider it "bullying". If he does he must have thin skin. I challenge anyone to show me one post where I attacked anyone first. RD had a way of subtle bashing and I wasn't the only one who saw it. A couple of others made many snide remarks and outright attacks on me or my project. I asked him multiple times to stop replying to my posts or put me on ignore. It stopped for the most part when RD got banned twice before, but then started again when he came back. It also stopped when I got fed up with the bullshit and left for over two years because they had nobody to bash, and this site was just about like a graveyard....I continued to read it now and then when something was posted. Glad RD's gone because he'll never change, and the others who were allowed back are behaving well so far. If I was the problem as the e-mail suggests, then why were the others banned?

This site is for exchanging information and ideas, and sharing our love for tri5s. Not everyone likes the same things, but some think we should all be the same and being different than them is somehow a bad thing. The only thing I don't like is the low volume of posts here with as many members as there are.
    Last edited by chevynut; 02-28-2024 at 02:30 PM.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Member #:3249
    I agree with Chevynut. I saw the stuff RD was posting, antagonizing Chevynut. I would have fired back, too. Several times I criticized RD for his assaults, and you know how that went. Chevynut isn't guilty of anything in my book, and I respect the way he responded,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12