Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Not so new to site

Registered Member

Member #:5272

Cool Not so new to site

Hi all,
    I have been to this site in the past, when redirected while searching for tri five info. I was a long time member of trifive.com, but since "The new guys" bought the site, it was had many tech problems, so join here I did. My handle is Rodknck and I live in Oregon. I have a 56 Chevy 210 2dr wagon that is in the process of a total rebuild. I have owned it for more than 20 years, but life kept getting in the way. I have now retired and am making a concerted effort to get it back together. I hope I can contribute to this site while also gaining knowledge need to complete my project.

Member #:115
    Welcome to the site. Post pics of your project and tell us about what your plans are for it.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Member #:530
    Welcome! Like Chevynut suggests, post a few pics of what you're starting with---where you're at with your build and then use the subforums to ask lots of questions.

I personally like this forum based website style of exchanging knowledge. To me, it's more linear and easlier to follow than the way social media apps work. On those, its difficult to have a protracted discussion with details and pics without some Ahole taking it off in left field.

Keep the drama minimized here, and you'll find this group to be very helpful.

Carry on!
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Member #:3249
    Hey, Rodknck!
    Our stories are similar. I bought my 56 210 2 door sedan from my best friend a few days before he died of cancer, in April 2007. I brought it home on my trailer, and 3 pickup loads of parts. After getting started and a little familiar with it, I came down with cancer myself, and that slowed any progress to a crawl for years. My wife and I retired in June of 2018. She told me she didn't care what I had on my "when I retire" list, the top priority was to get the car on the road first. Three months after we retired, we took our first trip in the car. Even though covid got in the way, with everything shut down, we still managed to put 32,000 miles on it (prior to paint) by April 2022, when she passed away.
    My point is, get after it, and start to use it as soon as possible. Ask questions here, you'll get correct answers with no BS. I did.
    Bill

Member #:115
    Quote Originally Posted by WagonCrazy View Post
    I personally like this forum based website style of exchanging knowledge. To me, it's more linear and easlier to follow than the way social media apps work. On those, its difficult to have a protracted discussion with details and pics without some Ahole taking it off in left field.
    I agree. I post a question on FB and often have a hard time even finding my post again. Then some jackazz has to make some stupid unrelated comment. Also, you can't even respond to someone else's question effectively because by the time you see it, it's days old and is buried under other garbage.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Member #:3
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodknck View Post
    Hi all,
    I have been to this site in the past, when redirected while searching for tri five info. I was a long time member of trifive.com, but since "The new guys" bought the site, it was had many tech problems, so join here I did. My handle is Rodknck and I live in Oregon. I have a 56 Chevy 210 2dr wagon that is in the process of a total rebuild. I have owned it for more than 20 years, but life kept getting in the way. I have now retired and am making a concerted effort to get it back together. I hope I can contribute to this site while also gaining knowledge need to complete my project.
    Hello Rodnck ,Welcome to the site ! One thing on this site you will never see pop ups or adds . its all of you Guys & Gals that make sites like this great . Hope you enjoy it .

Thanks Sid

1955 2 DR Post
    1937 Chevy Coupe
    2023 Ford Super Duty F350 TREMOR
    2019 Corvette Z06
    1955 Chevy Nomad
    1935 Ford 2dr Slant back I have 4

Registered Member

Member #:5272

Thanks for the welcome

Thanks everyone. My car is a 56 2dr 210 wagon. I have replaced a good portion of the sheet metal, updated the chassis with R&P, 400CI SBC, 700R4, 2002 S10 ZR2 10.5" 10bolt, power disks all around. I am pretty cheap, so am fabricating a lot of stuff to save some money for the important stuff. Planning on A/C as soon as the weather gets nice enough to prime and paint the interior and get the exterior primed. I tried loading a couple pictures but it said it wasn't working right now.