X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrifiveRichard
    Registered Member
    • Feb 2018

55 Nomad Roller Projects

I don't guess I have enough projects, because I recently purchased a couple more. Gary (BamaNomad) and I picked up two roller 55 Nomad bodies and a boat-load of Nomad parts in Atlanta. The parts include those in the pictures on the floor and on the shelf unit behind.

We picked these up from a friend of Gary's that isn't able to complete building them. The body sheet metal is pretty good, although most of the floors will need replacing.

IMG_1582.jpeg

IMG_1584.jpeg

IMG_1586.jpeg

IMG_1585.jpeg

I'm still planning on building the 69 Camaro first, then on to a Nomad. I'll probably eventually sell the one I don't build, along with the extra parts. I'm not sure how many more builds I have in me, but I'm not giving up easily! Lol
  • BamaNomad
    Registered Member
    • Nov 2016

Dick is still 'at it'... and I'm still 'recovering'..

Comment

• 567chevys
      Administrator
      • Oct 2010

what a score those both Look like good starts .

Your Lucky Guy .

Sid
      sigpic
      1955 2 DR Post
      1937 Chevy Coupe
      2023 Ford Super Duty F350 TREMOR
      2019 Corvette Z06
      1955 Chevy Nomad
      1935 Ford 2dr Slant back I have 4

Comment

• Custer55
        Registered Member
        • Feb 2015

Nice finds! You will be busy for quite a while which is a good thing!!
        Brian,

Comment

• TrifiveRichard
          Registered Member
          • Feb 2018

Originally posted by 567chevys
          what a score those both Look like good starts .

Your Lucky Guy .

Sid
          Yes, they are both buildable vehicles with VIN plates and titles. I probably have enough projects to keep me busy for some years, but I really like the 55 looks and the deal was too good to turn down.

Comment

• TrifiveRichard
            Registered Member
            • Feb 2018

Originally posted by Custer55
            Nice finds! You will be busy for quite a while which is a good thing!!
            Yes, I'll be re-sequencing my project list and the Nomad is second in line after the 69 Camaro.

Comment

• TrifiveRichard
              Registered Member
              • Feb 2018

Sorting thru the parts

Gary and I recently spent some time sorting through the extra parts that came with the two bodies, including various trim and molding parts. There must be chrome and stainless parts from a half dozen cars, as well as some NOS pieces, including trunk strips.

IMG_1707.jpeg

IMG_1694.jpeg

A number of the used pieces are pretty nice and useable as is, some examples below, while others are rough.

IMG_1697.jpeg

IMG_1698.jpeg

IMG_1699.jpeg

Both Nomads appear to be fairly early production vehicles. The blue one looks to have a brass lift gate, a knuckle buster tail gate handle, and a low Fischer body number. I believe the paint code is per the picture below, a nice color combo (not sure who's nomad that is, but it's nice).

IMG_1969.jpeg

IMG_1715.jpeg

not sure when I'll start a Nomad build, but I think there's plenty of parts to support it!

Comment

• WagonCrazy
                Registered Member
                • Mar 2012

You scored Richard! Good find.
                1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
                1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Comment

• TrifiveRichard
                  Registered Member
                  • Feb 2018

Thanks, Paul. Gary actually passed these on to me. He didn't want to sell me the 55 Nomad he's had apart for a few decades. He wants it to be restored and not restomoded, and I pretty much build restomods. This purchase fit the bill for me.

Comment

• BamaNomad
                    Registered Member
                    • Nov 2016

Just to further explain: I bought my '55 Nomad in 1974 when I graduated from Univ, and collected parts (NOS, new, etc) for 25-30 yrs and I have a very original BA sedan parts car with factory original PP, PS, PB, etc to pull drive train parts for. Including NEW upholstery materials, replated Nomad chrome, etc... Richard only wanted the body, which would have left me with tons of 'original' '55 parts which I would have NO use for, and I'm not interested in being in the 'parts seller' business (not at my age, nor any other age)..

IF Richard had interest in restoring the car, I'd have sold it to him with all the parts I've collected, AND I would have assisted him in building it..

Comment

• WagonCrazy
                      Registered Member
                      • Mar 2012

And then Richard would have a 1955 technology car. I can completely understand him wanting to build restomods these days. I've rebuilt the suspension on a 1957 9 passenger wagon and when I was done, it drove like an old technology suspension. Not fun in todays traffic.
                      So to each, his own. Not bashing your desire to keep the 55 Nomad all original here.
                      1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
                      1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Comment

• BamaNomad
                        Registered Member
                        • Nov 2016

Paul, you apparently misunderstood my prior post. I totally understand how (and WHY) Richard builds his cars (I've helped him on the last two). And that's why I helped him find a car (actually two of them) that are perfect for ResoModding.

Comment

Working...