Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: New member from Ohio

Registered Member

Member #:623

New member from Ohio

Hello. I'm a new member here from the Dayton, Ohio area. My story starts like this:
    When I was 13 my Dad bought a 1956 Chevy 210 2 door sedan. He told my twin brother James and I, if we helped him restore it, stayed out of trouble, got good grades, and respected the car, we could drive it to high school. So, a few years down the road, James and I drove a '56 with a vette engine, 4 speed, and 4.11 gears. Dad still has the car, and I still drive it often. James and I built a '69 Camaro right after that. And I still own it. I bought a '56 2 door Bel Air Sedan after the camaro for $1300 in 1993.

A house, wife, daughter, divorce from the wife, single parenting for me, a '57 2 door restoration and a '70 Vette restoration, all pushed the '56 Bel Air to the back burner. Fast forward to now: Time to restore the '56 with my daughter Katie. You guessed it. If she helps, respects the car,and gets good grades...she will drive it occasionally to high school. I've always wanted a big block 4 speed car. So, this is going to be it. It will be the factory Sierra Gold and Adobe beige. Stock interior. Stock exterior, right down to the wide whites and hub caps. But it will have a 396 dressed up like an old L78 engine. Sleeper!

I have lots of pics of the cars, family photos of the cars and such, and restoration pics.

Thanks guys!

Registered Member

Member #:21
    Great intro Jason. Ive seen you over at Trifive. Thanks for joining. Kelly

Registered Member

Member #:133
    Wow...talk about a nice intro. That`s a great story Jason and nice to see the nut`s falling close to the tree with your daughter getting the same deal on a hot rod. Post some pictures when you can as I`d love to see them. Cheers...Graeme

Member #:226
    And your daughter will gain a lot of street smarts that will last her the rest of her life on cars. things costing the most in life: insurance, food, house, & cars. First 3 --can't do too much about those, but the car knowledge can save her a hundred grand over her lifetime (scam avoidance, better- safer cars, etc.) PLUS she will get a lifetime memories of working with you. Good deal for all. Congrats!

Member #:115
    Welcome to the site Jason!
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Member #:436
    Glad you joined us Jason welcome.

Member #:524
    Cool story and lets see pics of that car. Welcome to the site.

Registered Member carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)'s Avatar

Member #:33
    hi jason and welcome. good to have you here and nice intro.
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.