Hello All,

Here is my project...

Vehicle: 1957
Trim: Belair
Body: 4 door Hardtop
Factory Installed Options: A/C, Power Steering, Power Brakes, Power Windows, Power Seat, EZ-Eye, Powerglide and Powerpak 283

I still have a Powerglide, and it is still in the car. I have the original in a bucket. I have suspicion that it was thrown in reverse while at speed. The Original motor is long gone replaced by a 1958 truck 283 with a 2bbl based on Suffix code (but has double humps installed). How do I figure it was a Powerpak car? Well the exhaust hanger is there for the dual exhaust and both the brake lines and fuel lines are routed outside the frame. I think it is a good possibility anyway. Not that I am going to keep it that way, just a cool fact for myself. A/C parts under the hood had been sold or just plain taken out years ago it seems. I still have the A/C control inside and the A/C idle cable, along with the vents. VintageAir here I come!

I originally intended on using my 210 as my project...I saved it from the wrecking yard. It's relatively rust free, fairly complete, but has had some radio "modifications" done in the dash, interior is well in poor shape and wiring was shot. Although I did do repairs to fix the wiring to an operational state.

The 4DHT on the other hand is a complete driver....just drove it last Sunday. The 283 purrs, runs on all cylinders, great sounding motor.....the powerglide on the other hand....sorry powerglide lovers....it is not my cup of tea. I just had the 58 valve covers powdercoated Chevy orange, the covers looked great, but made everything else well old....

Plans:

I didnt intend on doing an all out, frame off restore but upgrade things here and there as a driver. I planned on attending a Car show in August which is the NW Trifive club, but Chevynut convinced me otherwise....

In the current stage, I intend to get the frame modified, coated and reinstalled and get the vehicle back on the road. I hope to do this in a year or so. But that depends on my free time (I work 6 days a week).

Current modifications on the table.

- Classic Edge Design's C4 full conversion.
- Brakes, in conjunction with C4 brake parts from CED
- Steering
- New Dual Exhaust
- SBC 350 Engine from 69 Chevelle
- TH400 Transmission
- Swapping chrome bumpers with the 210 (The 210 has a "California" style bumper and its chrome is in better shape)

Its a pretty major step.

This is the first stage and its goal is to get frame & Body back together and on the road again as soon as I can. We'll see how I do...