Hello All,

My Son has been after me for awhile now for us to do a "father/son" engine build from my stock pile of parts, So I would like some feedback on what i have in mind....and or possible suggestions. The engine will likely go in my 56 at some point and as currently, will remain a weekend driver (No Drag Strip).... like a lot of others, i want all the POWER to the wheels i can get from red light to red light and still burn pump gas. As much as i really like the current 327.....I've always been told that MORE Cubic inches is the way to go.

Looking for low RPM power....not pushing RPM's thru roof.

400 small block (4 bolt main) bored 30 over ---- Also have same block standard bore too.
Crank suggestions--?? thinking of having it stroked to 3.875 --- or should leave it?
5.7" or 6.0" rods?
Piston type?? (Hyp....Forg....flat....dome)
Aluminum Heads -- Any specific recommendations, esp flow rate?? --Also-- I have a good set of #186 heads i could use, but was saving those to replace the old 461 double humps on the 327.
Cam type & size
Intake -- Have a Edlebrock Torker single plane.....but may replace it.
Engine will run a 4-speed tranny & Current Rear End Ratio is 3:08 ...... but i also have 3:36 ---- 3.55-----3:73

Yes, I know 400's have possible block issues and I understand to go with longer rods / crank combo will require machine work. And I have already looked at just buying a crate engine, or Rotating assembly, or even a short block and go from there.....BUT, that's not the direction i want to go at this time.

Thanks,
Ed