Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
Well I've been fighting that sciatica problem and it's finally getting better. It's been a real pain (literally) just sleeping and getting around for the past few weeks.

The body is done and sitting on the rotisserie with a tarp on it to keep it clean. I still haven't shot the bedliner and I need to ask my painter if he wants me to do that before or after paint.

I've been working on the Nomad fenders and doors the past week or so. I got one of the fenders blocked out and it's looking good, ready for some minor filling and another coat of K36. The other fender is ready for blocking but I've been working on the doors for a few days. The outside of the doors look great since they were blocked on the car. But the door edges were still pretty "raw" since I hadn't done anything on them for years since shooting DPLF epoxy.

I first sanded the DPLF and tried to sand out as much of the roughness everywhere that I could. I shot a coat of SPI black epoxy, let it cure, and did some filling with U-Pol Dolphin Glaze. After curing, I sanded everything again and got it pretty smooth. I'm not trying to get all the numerous factory wrinkles out of it because most of it won't be seen. Next I seam-sealed the entire perimeter of the door skin and a few other places with Evercoat 2K seam sealer and let that cure. After a light sanding to smooth the seam sealer I shot another coat of SPI epoxy. That's curing and tomorrow I'll do one more light sanding before shooting K36 on the door edges.

I'm not trying to make the doors perfect, but I do want the back of the doors to be really nice because they're seen when the door is open. Same for the area under the a-pillar. So I've been doing a lot of work there to make everything as smooth as possible.

No pics right now but maybe later after the K36. Still a lot of work to do, and as usual it's taking me 10 times as long as expected.
You do a good job making the boring part of car building an interesting read.