Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Another Nomad project... :)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Member #:3217
    Well, similar to dealing with most reproduction/aftermarket parts, I decided to just 'proceed' with the tack strip installation and try to make the best of the parts I received. Attached are a few photos of my initial efforts... Well, the order is opposite to what I wanted to display (and opposite to the order I selected the files)! ..

first/sedond photos: Shows the rear top panels that hold the tack strip and attach above the liftgate at the bottom of the roof in that area. These panels hold the tack strips that for tacking the rear portion of the headliner. The tackstrips were originally attached to the panels using staples (you can likely see the holes in the second photo).

Third photo: depicts the installed tack strips behind the door with the tabs folded down. I first sanded the backside of the plastic strips then used Weldwood contact cement on both surfaces before installing them.

Last two photos: Are an attempt to show the area behind the Nomad doors where the tack strip channel changes from a wide shallow area to a more narrow and deeper area on the lower end towards the floor. I ended up using two different thickness of tack strip and transitioned from the 1/8" thick to the 3/8" thick at that point.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BamaNomad; 07-18-2020 at 07:10 AM.