Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Nomad final assembly

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Member #:115
    I think I'm going to add a console box light (that was an oversight ), and a 12V cooling fan to draw air through the console to cool the Holley ECM and over the amp under the rear seat. The amp needs a minimum of 1" airspace above it and that's what I have. The amp is a lot thicker than I thought it would be at 2" and I thought I had more room under the rear seat. Building the mounting bracket for it was a pain since it pretty much had to sit on the floor, and I didn't want any screws going through the floorpan so it attaches to the rear seat bottom frame.

I ordered a few auxiliary outlets with audio connections and USB so I can plug in an iphone, ipod or whatever and charge my phone. There's also a couple of switches I need to figure out a location for that are used to set the VHX computer, start a datalog in the ECM, and a valet switch for the alarm system. The alarm also has a blinking LED when it's armed so that has to go somewhere. Lots of little stuff like that to figure out. I don't think there's room for cupholders anywhere.
    Last edited by chevynut; 04-23-2019 at 11:08 PM.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax