Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
RD: CN just has no appreciation for older cars/technology. SOme of us do (you and I for sure); I have 2 cars with Muncie 4-speeds (M20 in both); a '69 Z28/RS and '69 350/350 Corvette convertible. Both are all original and I like driving them, but driving them or any other manual shift car would get OLD (as me) if I had to drive one every day, especially in work traiffic (but I'm retired now, and I can what/when/where/how I want to!).. You aren't going to convince CN of anything, so you should quit trying..

I have two 1990 ZR1 corvettes with LT5/ZF 6-speeds and they too would get old in traffic every day, and CN probably doesn't appreciate them either...
I've had Muncies in the past (my '55 Chevy, and '69 Z/28) and they're rather poor shifting imo (compared to a Tremec) and without OD they get old on the highway. Yes I like new technology since it's better, quieter, more efficient, better performing, etc. The old stuff is just for nostalgia and I don't get that nostalgic.

If I had a restored original muscle car, I would drive it with that old stuff. I actually was planning to use a ZF6 in my Nomad, since I had one with the clutch and everything else that I bought with one of my first C4 suspensions, but I sold it and bought my T56 new after reading about all the issues with them, the cost of parts, and the difficulty of putting one behind a BBC. The T56 was a simpler solution and more mainstream.

This thread is about my Nomad final assembly and the things I'm doing to it. It has nothing to do with the BS RD keeps wanting to interject into the thread like T3 lights and Muncie transmissions and God knows what else every time he posts something here. My Nomad will never have a Muncie, stock lighting, a stock suspension, or stock anything else except stock sheetmetal and stainless/emblems. It's a resto-mod. If RD wants a Muncie he should use one and talk about it in another thread about HIS car.