I just found out I have an issue that I'm not sure how to address. I've been building my car for WAAAAY too long. Several years ago....more than a decade ago....I bought a "tate of the art" Holley Commander 950 setup to run my Ramjet 502 instead of the stock crate marine ECU. I thought this was a big upgrade at the time. Later, I bought a Holley WB O2 kit that qualified me to get the ECU upgraded to C950 Pro which was even better. I thought I was all set.

The past couple of days I've been working on verifying the wiring for the engine harness to try to get ready to fire up the engine. I was looking at the manual, and looked for my software. I did a search on the internet and found the C950 software available on the Holley website. However, I found that it's not compatible with Windows 7 or any 64 bit OS. It's only compatible with Windows 98 to Windows XP OS. I've tried to download and run it and I get errors. Supposedly you're supposed to be able to run in "compatibility mode" using Windows 7 Professional, which is what I have. But I can't get anything to work.

I have a couple of old laptops but I have no idea if they run or not. One is missing the battery.

So I've been looking at upgrades to the C950 and found that Holley's current product is the HP EFI. The problem is the ECU, harness, sensors, and O2 sensor are $1700!

Sure the new software is probably a lot more flexible and programmable, but is it worth that much money to upgrade? I already have the WB O2, and all the sensors I need. I'd have to re-do my entire engine harness and maybe some of my console. I don't want to go to crank trigger ignition and I don't need all the bells and whistles that come with the HP EFI. I don't think I gain any performance at all.

It's too bad Holley won't upgrade their software to make the C950 compatible with Windows 7, 8, and 10. Seems like SOMEONE could do this fairly easily and make a few bucks on it. I'd pay $100 for compatible software in a heartbeat, rather than futz with an old computer or pay $1700 for a whole new system.

Anyone know any way around this? Any suggestions? This is really getting frustrating....