My car is a driver that I work on when I can and for many years it had nothing on the floor but some scrap carpet, then it got some sound deadener and new carpet scraps. This past week I removed the seats and ratchet shifter and extended the sound deadener from the front seat area back to the trunk, added a second layer from the firewall down to the front of the front seat. Some cheap double bubble insulation, and carpet on top. Wow, I can cruise at 50 without having to yell to talk! Also have sound deadener where the back of the back seat goes, and a second layer the same place but from the trunk side. Still have some and after I make a hole for a second rear speaker, I'll add it on top of the rear deck.

I hate doing things like putting holes in the carpet for the seats. It seems to be my nature to screw it up but I got it pretty good. I installed bolts from underneath with nuts up top so the bolts stuck up from the floor, then with the carpet in place cut the holes in the carpet. Worked well except some wrinkles when tightening the bolts. May have to put a spacer or something between the seat frame and the floor. Definitely have to do some cutting around the shifter. All in all it's a big improvement in looks and ride quality. Sort of sounds like a car instead of a machine. I suppose when I install some rubber around the doors, some window seals, the rear side panels and seat, it will make another big difference.