I have an opportunity to p/u a 55 Pontiac Safari body only which in good shape and complete except for the following:

* No frame, front sheet metal, no drive train, no bumpers.....basically just a body/doors/complete tailgate & lid and all glass that has been stored inside for a few decades.

My "crazy" question is has anybody ever converted a 55 Safari to a 55 Nomad. I know it will require a new chevy dash, both 55 nomad rear quarters, ???. So one question will 55 chevy front sheet metal bolt up to the front of the safari body? Also I know the cost of the fender eyebrows are extreme but I'm thinking of a "resto mod' build, new frame, LS motor, C-4 susp. to keep me busy in my retirement mode.

I know someone might say why not just embark on trying to restore the Safari......well I had a 55 Nomad as a young adult (396/4sp) and I'm getting the urge to get another. I currently have built a resto mod 55 Chevy (check out threads on this site), 69 Camaro resto mod, 66 Corvette coupe resto mod and a 32 Ford 3 window coupe, full fenders with LS1/4L60E drive train, all independent susp. which could be considered a resto mod. I'm currently building a 69 Vette with 500hp LS3/6sp Tremec Magnum trans, etc......so I have quite a bit of experience building cars and only farm out the final paint to a 3rd party. A project like this kinda get's me excited but I would like some experts on this site to share some of there thoughts.....thanks in advance for your input!