The other day I was doing a 1/4 mile and at around 90mph it started loosing power. This was not at all like previous problems where when hot, it gets vapor in the system and it REALLY dies but responded to pumping the pedal, that came back again. This problem was more like it just stayed at 90 for a few seconds then picked up again. I don't know if I'm explaining that very well?

Anyway, today I revved the engine a little and watched the fuel pressure and it dropped every time I revved it. Actually it pulsed from close to zero up to near 5 when revving it. At idle it pulsed from about 5 to 6psi. When I clamped the return line it did the same, and it held pressure after stopping the engine. I had another holley fuel pump (used) and went to install it but I over tightened the one fitting and cracked the pump. Both are Holley 12-454-11 pumps. Question is ... do I really need a Free Flow Rate of 110 gph?

I did take them apart and try to make one good out of the two but the casting that cracked is the one with 3 check valves, and I'm not so sure of popping them out and swapping the casting, they are not made to be rebuilt.

So do I really need a 110gph free flow pump? HP estimates were around 450.