Greetings fellow tri-five addicts. I've checked out this, and other sites, for years off and on, but refused to torture myself by registering since I was not in a position to do anything other than watch my cars collect dust and dream about what I would like to do with them.

God willing, I will begin on them soon. Lord knows they have been wondering if I forgot they still existed. Yes, I remember, and I have resisted my wife making me remove them from the garage so she could put her new cars inside for over 35 years. Not an easy task to accomplish, as some of you know, and still manage to stay married. They were supposed to be my retirement projects; however, as some of you also know, "Want to give God a good chuckle, tell him your plans". I retired 10 years ago, but in 2009, before I could get started, my youngest daughter was diagnosed with a terminal anaplastic ependymoma brain tumor at 28 with 3 young kids. UVA and Duke University Hospital sent her home to die after 3 brain surgeries, and some radiation. They said that, "Chemo won't touch this thing"! Long story short, after two years of many people praying, a very ugly divorce, the loss of her house and land, etc., etc., God healed the tumor and we have had her and the three kids living with us for 5 years now. Even with all the bad, it has been more of a blessing than I could have ever imagined, but priorities had to be put in the right place, so my 57s patiently waited. Now, I am much older and my 57s are also, so I believe it may be time.

I'm originally from Semmes, Alabama, but moved to Virginia in 1982 after over 10 years in the Air Force. My first car was a '57 Chevy @ 16. I have owned seven 57 Chevy's and have never been without one since 1968. I had three when I was stationed in California. I currently own two 57s, both California cars. My 57 two door hardtop, I have owned since 1976 and my 57 nomad, I have owned since 1979. They were my daily drivers until the mid 80s. They have been sitting in the garage collecting dust since, waiting on me, space, time, and money. Well, they still have me and time, but the money went into the barn for space. I hope to scrape up enough money to collect most of the tools I need this year to start their long awaited restoration which I may be able to start this winter. It will have to be a budget restoration for them both, but I will do as good a job as I can with the time and money I have left. I'll need a lot of help from all of you guys, since I have never attempted a frame-off restoration. Nothing like OJT. From what I've seen on here so far, I know I will be in good hands. What a wealth of knowledge and experience!

My wife and I plan to hit the Spring Carlisle Wed-Fri this year to get some ideas, try to get a decent deal on the right tools, and motivate me to get my butt in gear. Maybe I'll run into some of you guys there. I would love to meet some of you. Nothing like picking peoples brains that actually have something in them. I'm running out of time so I'm gonna need JATO assist to get these babies off the ground before I run out of gas myself.

I look forward to reading all your posts.

Happy Cruisin'

Jim