Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
Vintage Air calls it "Sure Fit" but I haven't had anything fit yet. To change out the original controls there is a 24 page booklet of instructions. I still had to partially take it back apart to get it in the dash.
The controls are a big problem......I had to make new brackets to mount the potentiometers because they didn't fit using their bracket. The twisted and went into a bind when you actuated them.

The evaporator didn't fit under the dash. I had to use a ratchet strap and pull the bottom of the dash out enough to get it in.
I didn't have any problems like that and there was plenty of room. My dash is un-damaged and straight. Unless they changed the case (doubtful) I don't understand why it didn't fit. Maybe it's because you used the Vintage Air hardlines on it? I made up my own hoses.

And the wiring under the dash is too long. I got a big roll of wire stuffed under the ash. It is already terminated and wrapped when you get it so you can't shorten it.
I completely disassembled the harness, shortened wires, and integrated it into my dash harness. They have a red 12 gauge 12V wire and a white 12 gauge ground wire for the blower whicn IMO is WAAAAY too big. And they were 12 feet long. Not anymore.

I thought overall things went together pretty well, except for those controls. I haven't tried to run the duct hoses yet.