Got to working on figuring out how to wire up my cruise control using the Dakota Digita (Rostra) unit with turn signal arm controls and a Flaming River tilt column. After reading the instructions I was disappointed to find out that DD tells you to run the wires on the turn signal lever on the outside of the column. What BS. So I searched the web looking for something on how to get the wires routed inside the column down to the column connector and found nothing so far.

I did, however, look at FR's site and they sell the same Rostra cruise control. There's a note that says....

Note: We recommend ordering this item at the same time you purchase your Flaming River column. Our column assemblers will install the unit on the column before it ships.

http://www.flamingriver.com/index.ph...0025/FR20118-4

I don't know if they really mean ON the column or if they route the wires inside the column when it's assembled. I know disassembly and re-assembly of a tilt column can be a big PITA so it would be nice to be able to get the wires inside somehow without disassembling it if I can.

Has anyone here done this or know of anyone who has? Can the wires be routed inside? I sure don't want the wires strapped to the side of my column.