Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: FINALLY got my 55 in the body shop after finding one, but had to wait in line.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Member #:2775

FINALLY got my 55 in the body shop after finding one, but had to wait in line.

Long story getting to this point, but I finally got my 55 to a body shop. Had it picked up yesterday with a tow truck, and earlier today I made a 100 mile round trip to pick up a couple front floor pans. Just went and dropped them off, and was surprised they were working on it, and had most of the body shell sanded down for epoxy already. Still a long ways to go, but it's off to a start now, and I don't have to work on it for a while, plus I got more room in the garage for the winter. I'm just having them get the main shell in primer, and straightened up for now. I will worry about paint after the car is more complete, and mostly drivable.
    I was afraid it was going to get shoved off into a corner like the last shop, that ended up just storing it for a year, with stuff piled on top of it. Then I fired them. Gave them $200 for storing it though.
    IMG_7210.JPGIMG_7225.JPGIMG_7226.JPG
    Last edited by 55 Rescue Dog; 11-27-2019 at 02:45 PM.