I have been continuing to prep and paint parts as the weather cooperates. Got a bunch of small parts done before the weather got cooler again so I went back to doing some repairs on various parts.

Welded in patches on these from the last post (I called them windlace retainers but I think they are actually called kick panel retainers) so they are now ready to paint.

This is the rusted out end of a rear fender brace. This will get cut off and repaired.

Here I have a new end welded in place. Once I get the end bent into the original shape it too will be ready for paint.

Next I decided to try and repair the inside windshield trim. The painted one on the left is for the drivers side. What's left of the passenger side piece is on the right. Same rust issue as the dashboard from the leaky windshield.

In this picture I have a trim piece I got at Jefferson swap meet last spring from a 40 Ford. It is similar to my 39 Ford Standard but not a direct replacement for sure. I am hoping I can use just the lower corner to repair my original.

On the left is a piece of my Original trim and on the left is the 40 Ford trim. Quite a bit different profile so it will take some trimming and re-shaping to make it work.

So I cut the rusty ends off of the original trim and screwed them in place in the car so I would know how much of the 40 Ford trim piece will be needed.

I then cut that area out of the 40 Ford trim piece and set it in place. Looks like it could work if I can get the shape to match the original 39 Ford trim piece.
Brian

"To be continued below"