Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: My Truck build as requested by Sid

Registered Member carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)'s Avatar

Member #:33
    looking good. I'm with you Bam, one color on the outside wood work for me too. I have even been thinking about one color on the outside of my 57. ................... are you Irish?
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.

Member #:436
    I'm not a big two tone fain on any thing but that's just me. Like the green Bam looking good. Sure do look forward to seeing color on the rest of the truck.

Member #:524
    Quote Originally Posted by MP&C View Post
    Color is looking good, props for having the kahunas to pick such an "in your face" color. IMO this green should be the one and only color on the truck. It needs to grab you attention when you look at it, and any chrome or stainless accents will set it off nicely. Two tone would distract from that..
    Yes. I thought the truck needed an in your face color because of the street machine look I'm going for. After all the little custom touches and low stance, I thought an in your face color would set it off. It was going to be burnt orange but everybody seems to be going there (its becoming as common as red trifives around here) and I wanted to be a little different and not play it so safe. But to tone it down and paint it silver would defeat the purpose of why I went green in the first place. Silver cars and trucks are beautiful no doubt about that, but I wanted something that pops.

Quote Originally Posted by carls 56 View Post
    looking good. I'm with you Bam, one color on the outside wood work for me too. I have even been thinking about one color on the outside of my 57. ................... are you Irish?
    I agree with you on the 57 I think they look better one color. I like the 55/56 two toned or one solid color but the 57 looks better one color in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by smooth 56 View Post
    I'm not a big two tone fain on any thing but that's just me. Like the green Bam looking good. Sure do look forward to seeing color on the rest of the truck.
    Thanks buddy and you know I'm looking forward to that also.lol
    Last edited by BAM55; 04-22-2014 at 09:36 AM.

A buddy of mine came by and took some shots of the cab and his pics are better than mine (better camera also) and
    you can really see the color so I thought I would share. I know the pics are basically the same ones I took but his camera is much better and you can really see what the color looks like in person.

As far as what I'm working on now. That would be final mock up and fixing all those dreaded panel gaps before painting the cab.lol
    But I must be honest, I have not been doing much because of all the car shows I've been going to. This is car show season here and I've been making the rounds.lol

Last edited by BAM55; 06-09-2014 at 10:40 PM.

Truck sure looks good Bam. When do you think you will be ready to put color on the rest of it? Looks like things fit pretty good already.

Quote Originally Posted by smooth 56 View Post
    Truck sure looks good Bam. When do you think you will be ready to put color on the rest of it? Looks like things fit pretty good already.
    Thanks buddy,

I've been going to too many carshows lately and I really have not touched the truck. The panels are close but not to the point that I like them yet. I did put the doors back on and I'm trying to close all the gaps. The cab is really close, but I have to do some minor work on the doors and fenders before I'm satisfied.

Member #:115
    Bam, I love that 55-6 dash in your truck. How much modification did it take to make it fit? I may try to convince my son to put one in his '37 Chevy if it will fit.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Member #:1608
    Man it does look good! I think that will be my next project. Nice stance, LS with all the extras...be nice to haul my car around.

Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    Bam, I love that 55-6 dash in your truck. How much modification did it take to make it fit? I may try to convince my son to put one in his '37 Chevy if it will fit.
    My cousin has a 36 I think you will have to cut it down quiet a bit. Mite look good though never know.

Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    Thanks man. I had to some a lot of slicing and dicing to make it flow they way I wanted but it was not too bad. I did not have the narrowing it though. I had to relief cut the both humps and taper them down and I made the panels on the side to flow into the A pillers. With a 37 I think you will have to narrow it but it would be no problems with your skills.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast