Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Concealing a battery in the trunk

Registered Member

Member #:4508

Concealing a battery in the trunk

Years ago I moved the battery to the trunk to get some real estate in the engine compartment. I purchased a replica/vintage pop cooler but with the GM logo. Looks good but I need something different and bigger as I purchased a bigger battery. Looking to do something different that conceals the battery when in the trunk. Ideally it would be mounted in the center and not to the side and as mentionned that it conceals the battery not with hold downs. Ideas and thoughts, pics if you got some.Thxs

Member #:3606
    I don't remember where I saw it, but saw a piece of vintage luggage used for this that was pretty neat.
    56-210, 283, 200-4R, Power steering, Power Brakes

Registered Member

Member #:625
    I have always mounted batterys on right rear for traction .

Registered Member

Member #:4460
    Quote Originally Posted by Ontario55 View Post
    Years ago I moved the battery to the trunk to get some real estate in the engine compartment. I purchased a replica/vintage pop cooler but with the GM logo. Looks good but I need something different and bigger as I purchased a bigger battery. Looking to do something different that conceals the battery when in the trunk. Ideally it would be mounted in the center and not to the side and as mentionned that it conceals the battery not with hold downs. Ideas and thoughts, pics if you got some.Thxs
    have you tought somethhing like i did, use the spare tire space for battery box?