Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Texas Nostalgia National at Yellowbelly

Member #:1608
    Quote Originally Posted by rockytopper View Post
    Jt did you make a run at yellowbelly?
    I did go, but it appears I have ruined my torque converter! Yikes! It was fun...some nice and fast cars. When I originally had the converter done, my plans were for a smaller engine, smaller blower and lower boost...well all of that changed. Will be back on the road soon. Thanks for asking!

Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    Rocky, on the contrary this deer was shot there by the guy who invited me. He says the area hasn't been hunting in 20 years:

https://davidkadensadventures.shutte...ctures/772#769
    CNut, that is a real nice Texas deer!

Registered Member rockytopper R.I.P 5-13-2017's Avatar

Member #:1884
    Quote Originally Posted by JT56 View Post
    I did go, but it appears I have ruined my torque converter! Yikes! It was fun...some nice and fast cars. When I originally had the converter done, my plans were for a smaller engine, smaller blower and lower boost...well all of that changed. Will be back on the road soon. Thanks for asking!
    LOL let me rephrase the question. Now that you have seen cars run at that track would you run your baby at it lined up next to another car? Its been 30 years sense I was there watching a weekend race and at that time there was nothing even close to the HP your running and they got pretty loose at times. My older 2 cuz more like an uncle mentored me in hotrodding at a young age. He grew up in GP and that was his home track. He told me stories of running a T- bucket with big block and breaking the steering link on the way down the track. He said he won the race and had to get out and kick the tires around to get it turned off the track and back to the pits. Back in those days late 60's and early 70's they were running junk yard BB that cost 75$ to replace and didn't care about getting their car messed up it was cheap to replace also.
    Last edited by rockytopper R.I.P 5-13-2017; 06-10-2015 at 07:18 AM.

Rockytopper, I am sure there are some pretty cool stories, near misses ect...I would roll out on the starting line, then put my foot in it. That race is during the heat of the day, so having an asphalt track...its just a peddle fest!

Registered Member rockytopper R.I.P 5-13-2017's Avatar

Member #:1884
    JT to bad your ride is on the blink. Gas Monkey Live is hosting a car show Saturday and Drag racing Friday evening at Ennis this weekend. I have never heard of the sponsor but they are claiming it is a national event and folks are coming from the east and west coast. May all just be hype who knows. I'm thanking about taking my cutlass out Friday night and see if my (skinny buddy can get her in the low 13's) lol. With my big self driving 13.71 @ 101 is the best she ever done to date. Here is the link to the event. http://gasmonkeybarngrill.com/event/...n-muscle-meet/

Sounds like a good one. I have been to GM a couple of times...I would like to see my car in the 1/4, but not sure they would let me run(no roll cage, and only lap belts). If so I would get one run in lol! Good Luck with yours. Show us some pics. As long as it doesn't rain on Sunday, will be taking my buddies TT 63 nova to kennadale.

Registered Member

Member #:625
    [QUOTE=JT56;24650]Sounds like a good one. I have been to GM a couple of times...I would like to see my car in the 1/4, but not sure they would let me run(no roll cage, and only lap belts). If so I would get one run in lol! Good Luck with yours. Show us some pics. As long as it doesn't rain on Sunday, will be taking my buddies TT 63 nova to kennadale.[/QUOT

My favorite people at the corrupt NHRA will allow lap belts only and no bar until you go 11.49, it used to be 12.0. One of my drag only Z28s has what appears to be an NHRA license plate with No Hot Rods Allowed spelled out below.

Member #:1653
    Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    JT, anything happening in your area around November 10th-20th? I may be coming down that way to hunt deer east of Dallas.
    How far East will you be? Town? I'm only 200 miles East of Dallas. It would be good to see you again. Will you be bringing your wife?

Member #:115
    Quote Originally Posted by NickP View Post
    How far East will you be? Town? I'm only 200 miles East of Dallas. It would be good to see you again. Will you be bringing your wife?
    Nick, I'm not sure exactly where this place is, but he said northeast of Dallas. Apparently he bought a 4000 square foot second home on 17 acres...he lives in NM near El Paso. He has a deer lease up there but that's about all I know about it. I don't know if Sandy would be coming or not, because I haven't even decided for sure if I'm going. We plan to go to SEMA this year, and if we do I'd have to come back and leave for TX right after that. She has a business to run.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

As long as I N/T the car...no issues. For safety it needs more. I'm in the 6's (1/8 mile). I probably need to build a true race car and just leave this one for the street and occasional show.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast