Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C4 REAR IRS TOE ADJUSTER

Member #:1653

C4 REAR IRS TOE ADJUSTER

I'm putting together several rear IRS C4 Rear Toe Flip adjusters (eliminates any C Notching) and other components for the C4 conversion. The toe adjuster has an option of seals for the heims and a powder coated center mount in an aluminum silver (pictured). All machined parts are stainless. Fasteners for outer attachment is grade 8 and inner three are class 10.9.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Lower rear coil over shock brkts. All laser cut.

[IMG][/IMG]

Member #:115
    Looks good Nick.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Member #:530
    These are definately needed for you guys who are doing C4 rear conversions using your stock tri-five frame. You DO need to reposition the toe adjuster setup to "flip" it so that the cross-bar won't interfere with the bottom of the frame rails left and right. I bought mine from Paul Newman back when he was still in business, but wondered where to get another one these days.
    So good work Nick!

And the rear coilover mount also looks very beefy. Can you post a pic or 2 of that mounted to the C4 rear hub? Curious how that looks and where it positions the lower shock mount in relation to the half shaft...

Nice work.
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCrazy View Post
    These are definately needed for you guys who are doing C4 rear conversions using your stock tri-five frame. You DO need to reposition the toe adjuster setup to "flip" it so that the cross-bar won't interfere with the bottom of the frame rails left and right. I bought mine from Paul Newman back when he was still in business, but wondered where to get another one these days. So good work Nick!
    Paul, since Newman was supplying these I've had my customers buying them from him until recently. Now that he's out of business, I didn't know where to send them to get these parts and I really don't have a desire to put as kit together myself. I referred customers to a couple other guys that make these but they didn't have much luck with them for some reason. The hardest parts to source are the tapered bushing for the knuckles and the center mount. Last week I contacted Nick to see if he was still making them and I'm glad he came through since I had a couple of customers wanting to get a kit.

The guys who claim they don't need this part either have cars that sit way higher in the rear than they should, or they don't understand the problem. C-notching an already weak area of the frame isn't something I'd advise doing to address it.

And the rear coilover mount also looks very beefy. Can you post a pic or 2 of that mounted to the C4 rear hub? Curious how that looks and where it positions the lower shock mount in relation to the half shaft...Nice work.
    Nick can confirm, but it looks to me like the mount is centered on the stock C4 stud bolt hole. The reinforcement plate bolts to BOTH dogbones where mine only bolt to the lower ones. Mine is centered on the stock C4 stud as well. I think both designs are adequate and it looks like they mount the shocks in about the same location.

20120304_0016.JPG

Other vehicles:

1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCrazy View Post
    Can you post a pic or 2 of that mounted to the C4 rear hub? Curious how that looks and where it positions the lower shock mount in relation to the half shaft...
    Ample clearance. This is Calvin's Nomad. Originally, when he took delivery he was going to use the transverse spring and vette shocks. He moved to Oklahoma to retire and later we did the conversion to coil overs - over the phone and pics. Wasn't that difficult because all of this stuff I have in AutoCAD but the upper attachment conversion took a bit. In his words, drives like a dream.

[IMG][/IMG]

Looks great Nick. I didn't know Calvin was driving the car already.

Other vehicles:

1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S

Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    Nick can confirm, but it looks to me like the mount is centered on the stock C4 stud bolt hole. The reinforcement plate bolts to BOTH dogbones where mine only bolt to the lower ones. Mine is centered on the stock C4 stud as well. I think both designs are adequate and it looks like they mount the shocks in about the same location.

20120304_0016.JPG
    I took much the same approach but as you have mentioned, both dogbone locations act as attachment points. The extra offers little additional expense in the laser cut process. The lower mount however has a 1/4" offset giving just a pinch more clearance between halfshaft and spring of the coilover.

Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    Looks great Nick. I didn't know Calvin was driving the car already.
    Calvin doesn't let much grass grow under his projects. He has a few thousand on it as of our last visit.

Registered Member

Member #:3900
    Where can I purchase irs toe rod shock bracket c/4 rear end ....

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Blevins View Post
    Where can I purchase irs toe rod shock bracket c/4 rear end ....
    Welcome to the site Eddie. I'm not sure what it is that you want. Nick can supply the toe rods. If you're wanting a pair of my lower rear shock mounts pictured above, contact me from my website. I also can supply suspensions and other parts for the installation. See....

www.classicedgedesigns.com

Other vehicles:

1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast