Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from Upstate NY 57 210 4 Door Sport Sedan

Registered Member

Member #:4289
    Thanks for the kind words. Much appreciated.
    Here it is in it's winter car capsule cocoon.
    Anyone ever use this? It keeps the car spotlessly clean and ready to drive in the spring. and it also has a battery charger integrated that will draw minimal if the power goes out too.
    Highly recommend it.
    Enjoy your Holidays

DonPNY

IMG_0014.jpg
    Last edited by Donpny; 12-22-2019 at 09:18 AM.

Registered Member

Member #:4017
    Your car is very nice. A sealed plastic bag also holds gasoline fumes/vapor inside. These old cars were not a sealed system. I had a friend that stowed his 63 corvette in a bag and in the spring the car smelled of gasoline. Took a week and cleaning to rid of the smell.

Webster, NY your within minutes of my place.
    Last edited by Gmvette; 12-26-2019 at 11:05 AM.

Banned

Member #:2775
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmvette View Post
    Your car is very nice. A sealed plastic bag also holds gasoline fumes/vapor inside. These old cars were not a sealed system. I had a friend that stowed his 63 corvette in a bag and in the spring the car smelled of gasoline. Took a week and cleaning to rid of the smell.

An air powered bag should keep it well ventilated I would think?

Registered Member

Member #:4289
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmvette View Post

I am am on my 3rd year with this car capsule and while I was a bit worried about the same thing (fumes AND transmission fluid drips), no issues with either. Fresh air is a constant flow and I have never had a gas smell in any of my cars, as I have no real leaks or ways of fumes to get out of the fuel system. This may not be the same type of bag.
    And for the tranny fluid, the bottom is covered with 3 baking pans to catch the fluids and if any fluid hits the floor, it is easy to wipe up and leaves no stains at all. They really thought about the materials used.
    Well 80 more days till spring.
    thanks again.

Also so where are you located GMVETTE?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12