Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Morning Thread

Registered Member

Member #:625
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    Friday the 13th? Dang... Should we even go outside today???
    I could have done fine not knowing that all day.

Member #:3
    Ouch Friday the 13th.

Good morning all , Raining and windy here in Kelso Washington . Heading down to the Washington coast to get away for the weekend might have some seafood .

All Be safe .

Thanks Sid

1955 2 DR Post
    1937 Chevy Coupe
    2023 Ford Super Duty F350 TREMOR
    2019 Corvette Z06
    1955 Chevy Nomad
    1935 Ford 2dr Slant back I have 4

Member #:3454
    Going to the coast to have seafood sounds awesome. I love some fresh seafood. Weather here is getting better. The wind has died down but we have thunderstorm warnings. I met Joe last night at one of the weekly car gatherings. I spotted that gold 56 with the rolled pan on the front when he pulled it. Neat car. The morning has been frustrating dealing with T-Mobile. I switched all our cell phones last year and that has been good. Then I decided to get rid of the land line as a cost saving measure. I bought one of their LineLink boxes to connect my old number through the internet. I want go into all the details but I have probably sent two hours on the phone with them. It finally works but I only get two rings on the hard wired phones and none on the cordless phones. I was not favorably impressed by their tech support. It has been referred to their engineering department but I doubt I will get it resolved. I only paid $30 for the device and their in no monthly fee so I am probably getting what I paid for.

Member #:1653
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Going to the coast to have seafood sounds awesome. I love some fresh seafood. Weather here is getting better. The wind has died down but we have thunderstorm warnings. I met Joe last night at one of the weekly car gatherings. I spotted that gold 56 with the rolled pan on the front when he pulled it. Neat car. The morning has been frustrating dealing with T-Mobile. I switched all our cell phones last year and that has been good. Then I decided to get rid of the land line as a cost saving measure. I bought one of their LineLink boxes to connect my old number through the internet. I want go into all the details but I have probably sent two hours on the phone with them. It finally works but I only get two rings on the hard wired phones and none on the cordless phones. I was not favorably impressed by their tech support. It has been referred to their engineering department but I doubt I will get it resolved. I only paid $30 for the device and their in no monthly fee so I am probably getting what I paid for.
    Gold 56 would be JT56. Good friend of mine and a swell guy. I went the no land line bit for a while but have since returned to a true land line after issues with cell towers, floods, tornados and freezing ice (not all at once) disconnected us from the world (country living, gotta love it). It's always nice to have a means of calling 911.

Member #:3249
    I bought my John Deere tractor 11 years ago to replace a worn out Murray I had. I thought it was the difference of night and day. Out here, I usually mow twice a year (desert, you know), August and November. It takes 8 hours to mow it all. I change the oil and filter after each mowing, due to all the dust. I change blades after each mowing, because of all the sand. I'm anal and admit to it, but I wash it every time I finish mowing, and I wax it at the end of the season. It still looks brand new.
    Bonnie and I were in Del Mar, Ca last weekend for the Good Guys show, and ate dinner every night at the Fish Market. Great sea food.
    We can't give up our land line, either. Cell phone service is spotty out here, we have mountains in every direction, and no cell tower to get a strong signal. Population out here doesn't justify a tower on one of the mountains, they say.
    Yesterday, I had plans to get some yard cleanup done. But first, I wanted to go to the tire shop and get a couple of tires replaced, and replace a spare on my car trailer that the sun rotted and broke the tread. Hopped in my 71 Chevy pickup to hook up the trailer, and it wouldn't start. Tried the charger, it said battery was fully charged. Huh?, it won't crank. Took the battery out of my car trailer winch box and hooked it up, started right away. So, I spent the day getting 5 tires mounted, then drove to the parts store, had the 4 year old battery tested and replaced, and I guess I'll look for a new battery charger.
    Hope to clean up my 66 Chevelle today to remove 900 miles of bugs from our trip last weekend......and hopefully get the yard clean up planned for yesterday completed.

Member #:115
    Quote Originally Posted by busterwivell View Post
    It takes 8 hours to mow it all. I change the oil and filter after each mowing, due to all the dust. I change blades after each mowing, because of all the sand. I'm anal and admit to it, but I wash it every time I finish mowing, and I wax it at the end of the season. It still looks brand new.
    8 hours? Are you mowing a state park or something? You seriously wax your mower?

John Deere seems like nice equipment. Glad mine has cruise control and a beer holder.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Member #:1653
    Well, good morning all. We dodged a few twisters last night, got lucky again however lightening got our big TV. Popped right outside near house and killed it. Never fails, five steps forward and then two steps backward.
    Last edited by NickP; 04-14-2018 at 07:35 AM.

Member #:3454
    Good Morning Guys:

I am supposed to go to a local car show today but it is pretty cool (49 degrees) right now. The high today is supposed to be about 60 and the wind is blowing. Buster I have an old 77 Craftsman tractor that I repowered with an 18 horse Vanguard V twin a few years ago. This thing is an actual tractor with 5 lug wheels on the back. I use it to mow down by the lake and it sites out. It is not fancy but it is tough as nails. Do you have a custom made cover for your John Deere (just kidding). I kind of still have my land line. It connect to my modem and I kept the same number. The reviews on this little box I bought from T-Mobile does not get very good reviews. Obviously if we loose power the phone will go off. It is pretty rare we loose power and then it is not for very long. If I were remotely located I would keep the land line for sure. Hope everybody has a good weekend.

Registered Member

Member #:625
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Good Morning Guys:

I am supposed to go to a local car show today but it is pretty cool (49 degrees) right now. The high today is supposed to be about 60 and the wind is blowing. Buster I have an old 77 Craftsman tractor that I repowered with an 18 horse Vanguard V twin a few years ago. This thing is an actual tractor with 5 lug wheels on the back. I use it to mow down by the lake and it sites out. It is not fancy but it is tough as nails. Do you have a custom made cover for your John Deere (just kidding). I kind of still have my land line. It connect to my modem and I kept the same number. The reviews on this little box I bought from T-Mobile does not get very good reviews. Obviously if we loose power the phone will go off. It is pretty rare we loose power and then it is not for very long. If I were remotely located I would keep the land line for sure. Hope everybody has a good weekend.
    My backup rider is my Dads old Craftsman GT 14 from that era. I believe its a 14 hp Tecumseh. It comes out of retirement when my Dad or my John Junk 318s brake. FYI rear wheels from sears fit Deere.

Registered Member

Member #:2764
    Last year after 3 or 4 years of my top of the line Husqvarna intermittently missing and backfiring and taking it to 4 different dealers a few times for repair, they gave me my money back! The guy I dealt with said they don't normally refund the sales tax (9.75%) and they usually depreciate it's value but he refunded the entire amount for me. Did a lot of searching and couldn't find anything I liked till I looked at the smallest Kubota. It was way more than I needed, but with 7 year 0% financing and the money from the Husqvarna, and some more, I went up a notch or two and got one with a front end loader. Wow, never know how useful they can be till you have one. Now this year Kubota came out with super small lawn mower/tractors. Also some with a little loader and a little backhoe. As much as I would have liked to get a backhoe, I'm glad they didn't have the tiny ones last year or I might have bought one. I'm hoping that when the loan is close to getting paid off, I'll trade it in for one with the loader and backhoe. Those tiny ones they have now look cool, but I already strain the larger one I have using the loader with teeth on it for digging. A couple weeks ago I sold my last Husky/Bolens "garden tractor". I had 3, two I used and 1 that was getting really getting weak. Talk about tough garden tractors. LOL, with the mower deck off the newest one (1971) I could go (with a hydro foot pedal) from reverse to forward pulling wheelies all day long and not break it. If they were 4 wheel drive, I would have bought a brand new deck for about a grand and kept using it.

Land lines, I sort of have one but not really. I have a little box that is actually a cell phone inside, but you plug a phone into it and use it to make calls like a land line. I disconnected my phone wires outside and inside I plugged the whole house to the black box. It has battery backup for when the power goes out. Unlimited calls in the US for I think $9.99/month. Poor internet service here, I had a radio and antenna setup for internet but replaced it with a mobile hot spot that I keep stationary. That too is actually a cell phone in disguise.
    Tony

1955 Bel Air Sport Coupe

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast