Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Wheels

Registered Member

Member #:2764
    Ya know, I think I'm going to make my 55 a 4 wheel drive monster car. It's a 70's thing, like carburetors. Actually the way they drive them things, a carb would be spilling it's guts. Forget the 4 wheel idea, gotta keep the Quadrajet.
    Tony

1955 Bel Air Sport Coupe

Registered Member

Member #:625
    Quote Originally Posted by 55 Tony View Post
    Ya know, I think I'm going to make my 55 a 4 wheel drive monster car. It's a 70's thing, like carburetors. Actually the way they drive them things, a carb would be spilling it's guts. Forget the 4 wheel idea, gotta keep the Quadrajet.
    People can laugh all they want about q-jets and the 70s, but I raced with a guy in the late 70s and his 67 SS350 with a q-jet left the line standing on the bumper pulling the wheels in all 4 gears to the tune of 6.90 in the 1/8. speaking of the 70s I drove my 55 over to parents house to mow yesterday and the 30 something neighbor asked me what king of chain that was hanging from my rear view. I replied pull tabs from beer cans, he had never heard of such a thing.

Member #:115
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    pulling the wheels in all 4 gears
    That musta been a cool dream. LOL!
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    That musta been a cool dream. LOL!
    Sorry asshole this is the honest to god truth, it was an NHRA stock class car that came to brackets. You need to keep your mouth shut about topics you nothing.

Registered Member

People can laugh all they want about q-jets and the 70s, but I raced with a guy in the late 70s and his 67 SS350 with a q-jet left the line standing on the bumper pulling the wheels in all 4 gears to the tune of 6.90 in the 1/8. speaking of the 70s I drove my 55 over to parents house to mow yesterday and the 30 something neighbor asked me what king of chain that was hanging from my rear view. I replied pull tabs from beer cans, he had never heard of such a thing.
    People that call them "quadra-bogs" and other names either don't know their butt from a hole in the ground, or are repeating what other idiots said about them. I learned by trial and error till it ran good. Then I bought an A/F gauge and made some changes. Then I bought a book on them when I upgraded to an 800cfm from the smog years. Needed help with the idle circuit which requires modifications, not just settings. I really don't know why people have such a hard time with them?
    As for the pull tabs, just a couple days ago I mentioned something to my girlfriend about "can openers" for soda cans back before the pull tabs were introduced.
    Tony

1955 Bel Air Sport Coupe

Registered Member

Tony a friend of mine has a 428 CJ Mustang and its best pass ever on a single 4 was with a borrowed race prepped q-jet. Ford actually used them OEM on 429 CJ Torino's in 1970.

Registered Member

Tony a friend of mine has a 428 CJ Mustang and its best pass ever on a single 4 was with a borrowed race prepped q-jet. Ford actually used them OEM on 429 CJ Torino's in 1970.
    Chrysler products used quite a few Quadrajets also.
    Tony

1955 Bel Air Sport Coupe

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by 55 Tony View Post
    Chrysler products used quite a few Quadrajets also.
    I have seen a bunch of Police package 318s so equipped in the 80s.

Registered Member

Member #:2171
    Back to my original post getting new cooper cobra tires mounted today black wall out. I also like old school looks and carburetors I grew up working on them My car has a WCFB works great for what I like.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by royk View Post
    Back to my original post getting new cooper cobra tires mounted today black wall out. I also like old school looks and carburetors I grew up working on them My car has a WCFB works great for what I like.
    I have new Cooper Cobras on my 55 mounted same way on my 55, good tires just not a fan of the name, I have letters out on the TAs on my 56.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12