Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tri five glass

Registered Member

Member #:3360

Tri five glass

I was wandering if anyone has bought the smoked glass from Auto City and if they were a good vender to deal with? I'm looking at the 2dr sedan package. Thanks.

Member #:115
    I have a full set of smoked glass plus a clear windshield from Auto City Classic Glass. I've installed the vent windows and door glass in the frames but haven't installed it in the car. I also bought vent window motors from them and 2-3 years after I bought them I found out that I had two left side motors. I contacted them and they immediately replaced one of them without any hassle. So far I've had no problems with them and I've heard other good things about them from other customers.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Registered Member

Member #:3477
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblock View Post
    I was wandering if anyone has bought the smoked glass from Auto City and if they were a good vender to deal with? I'm looking at the 2dr sedan package. Thanks.
    Got glass from Autocity- but not smoked- clear to replace a side window. It was excellent quality. Glass and bottom track.

They are a good vendor.

Scorp

Registered Member

Member #:532
    I bought a complete Auto City Classic smoked glass set with frames including the windshield. I haven't installed them yet but they look really good. I purchased them through Restoration World in Dayton and picked them up there for the same money as their website price was before shipping. My 57 is currently being painted so I hope to install them around April.

Registered Member

Member #:3682
    The glass I installed in the 56 HT is Auto City smoked, good quality and I’d use it again.

Registered Member

Member #:2171
    that's what I installed in my '55 ht I used my old frames I'd also use them again.

Registered Member

Member #:3360
    Thanks to all of you. They were to be at the Good Guy's last summer in Columbus, but after walking around for 2hrs in 95+ sun my wife said lets go get a COLD BEER a I agreed with her. So thanks again I always say this is the best site with the BEST!!! members.

Member #:3249
    I'm planning on ordering the complete glass set myself. Should the new glass be installed first or the headliner installed first? Still saving up my lunch money for both........

Member #:3217
    Quote Originally Posted by busterwivell View Post
    ... Should the new glass be installed first or the headliner installed first? ........
    I think it depends on your body style. IIRC sedan rear glasses (and perhaps front W/S?) might need to be installed after the headliner. For a Nomad or HT, I don't think it matters...? Someone will correct me if my memory isn't working...

Member #:896
    Currently Auto City Glass is the only manufacture in the USA.
    Bill 1957-427-177-6-410

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast