PDA

View Full Version : Is there a market?

chevynut
06-05-2012, 04:29 PM
Wanted to hear from you truck guys if there is a market for a C4 conversion for tri5 trucks, or if one already exists. I'm thinking about finding another market for frames that's not so saturated with offerings, but I plan to continue offering C4 conversions for cars too.

I haven't taken a good look at what the truck frames look like, so I don't know how difficult it would be to design one.

5Clint7
06-05-2012, 05:54 PM
There is another Co. making them.

" Canadian Hot Rods Inc. are now in production of the ROAD HUGGER TRI FIVE TRUCK CHASSIS. It features Corvette C4 suspension front & rear. We use the narrower C4 suspension for easier fitment of Custom Wheels. As with our car frames we offer inside frame rail dual fuel lines, inside frame rail brake line, and inside frame rail mounted battery cable. All for the Clean Look. Our custom motor mounts and transmission mount are included. Note that our adjustable torque arm, for dialing in your pinion angle, is used. The No Twist Centre K Member with 4 1/8th" exhaust holes handles any horsepower. Front & Rear Sway Bars are included. All suspension bushings are changed out to Polyurethane. The body mounts are placed exactly like original for our SURE FIT gaurantee. The front rad support is a copy of the OEM. All bumper holes have caged nuts to insure a secure attachment of the bumpers.
We have an Introductory Price of $10.500.00.

If you are looking for top quality workmanship at a great price , this is it! Give us a look and compare apples to apples. You will find we have the Best Price and The Best Quality."

Tabasco
06-06-2012, 06:47 AM
Here is a company making Corvette conversions for many trucks including Trifives. Theirs is a kit to add to the original frame.

http://www.flatout-engineering.com/index.html

Run-em
06-10-2012, 12:58 AM
RUN ONE FOR SALE ON E-BAY??? WORLD WIDE AUDIENCE, SMALL FEE, GETS YOUR NAME OUT THERE IF YOU WORK IT RIGHT.

chevynut
06-10-2012, 09:48 AM
The CHR frames are nice, but pretty expensive like all the other new frames on the market. Flat Out also makes nice stuff, not too expensive, but they don't build frames...just kits. Not everyone can weld, and personally I'm not that crazy about the idea of bolting on all the brackets for the suspension to attach to. It just allows more places for problems to start, imo.

Seem like there may be a need for a fully assembled frame that's ready to bolt the suspensions onto.

56-210Sedan
08-11-2012, 01:58 PM
Have you put anymore thought in to doing these, Laszlo?

chevynut
08-11-2012, 07:46 PM
Hi Marty. I have a local guy who is interested in helping me put a C4 truck frame on the market. He has a couple of tri5 trucks, and would like to see an affordable C4 option available. He's willing to be a "guinea pig" if I choose to go forward with the project, but I'm not committed to doing it at this time. I want to find other niche products that nobody else is addressing Any ideas for me? ;)

56-210Sedan
08-11-2012, 08:50 PM
" Any ideas for me?"
well i have not thought this out real well before i typed but your seat mounts were pretty nice for the trifive, not sure if they were only made to fit the Cadillac seats, but if they worked on others then GO ;)