PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Ky

Bluegrass Trifive
10-08-2012, 02:43 PM
Hello Guys, Just wanted to say hi. I'm just getting started on a 57 Belair 2dr H/T. It will be LS powered with C4 suspension. Looking forward to seeing what projects you're working on as well.

chevynut
10-08-2012, 03:13 PM
Welcome to the site Bluegrass! Have you picked your C4 frame/parts supplier yet, or are you doing it yourself?

carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)
10-08-2012, 03:42 PM
hi bgrass and welcome. good to have you here.

Bluegrass Trifive
10-08-2012, 04:59 PM
Hi Chevynut good to hear from you again. Congatulations on your retirement! I saw where you've been doing some hunting and I'm hoping to get drawn in the lottery for the Elk hunt here in Ky.this year. I'm actually doing the work on my 57 myself. I spoke with you a time or two by pm before on "the other" site. I have replaced and narrowed my rear rails from the start of the rear hoops back and have narrowed my rear and have it about 50% mounted. Its all 85 Vette stuff. I have basically a new body in pieces ready to start assembly when i get the frame finished. I'm leaving tomorrow to go to the Smokey Mountains on fall vacation and will be swinging by Hot Rod Dynamics in NC to pick up one of Joe's smoothed firewalls. Couldn't resist a little multitasking while out and about! Will you soon be having some parts to sell? I might need some shock brackets and such. Would you by chance have any body mount brackets you could sell off a junk frame ? I need a #3 (the one under the front seat area) Let me know if you do. I'll probably be in touch with you in the future.Thanks.

chevynut
10-08-2012, 07:52 PM
Hi Bluegrass, I just replaced the #3 mounts on a frame I had with some others from a junk frame. I assume you are talking about the outer #3, not the inners. I don't know if I have any other outer mounts, but i can check.

If you're interested, I can save you a lot of time and effort by selling you a "basic" front clip that will fit your stock frame. My clips lower the front suspension 3" from stock (same as 2" dropped spindles and 1" dropped springs). I also have some rearend brackets and kits if you need them, as well as misc brackets and mounts for the front end. I plan to be selling some other parts too.

Glad to see you posting here!!!!

Send me an e-mail at Lnobi53@yahoo.com.

Run-em
10-12-2012, 04:37 AM
Howdy! Welcome from TEXAS!

567chevys
12-01-2012, 11:45 AM
Hi BlueGrass

welcome to the site
Have any pictures

Thanks Sid