PDA

View Full Version : Amazing stuff going on in the car world...

chevynut
10-26-2012, 01:44 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/10/26/ford-unveils-new-140-coupe/?intcmp=features

http://global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/Leisure/2009/newcoupe1.jpg

NickP
10-26-2012, 05:41 PM
very kool Laszlo!

Run-em
10-27-2012, 05:19 AM
Good to see that Ford is stepping up to the plate, even knowing that most of these will be powered by a Chevy. They oufght to include a coupon for XXXX dollars off on a new crate motor ford engine & tranny.

Maddog
10-27-2012, 10:04 AM
Good to see that Ford is stepping up to the plate, even knowing that most of these will be powered by a Chevy. They oufght to include a coupon for XXXX dollars off on a new crate motor ford engine & tranny.

More and more guys are putting Ford engines in Fords these days. With the high cost of this body I bet you will only see Ford or Hemis in it. Of course you may only see one or two of these at all.

chevynut
10-27-2012, 10:37 AM
High cost? It costs about the same as a new Tri5 body does. If you buy an original and have it restored, you can easily pay $10K in bodywork. These new bodies aren't a bad deal, imo. My only concern with them is that I think they have to be registered as new cars in most states.

Maddog
10-27-2012, 11:35 AM
I guess I should have said "high dollar build". Most will have upwards of $100K and more, I wouldn't think they would put a Chevy in it.
The initial cost appears reasonable but it's far from complete and most that buy new bodies don't do budget builds, at least the ones I see.

Rick_L
10-27-2012, 12:19 PM
Why would a 40 Ford street rod with replica body be any more or less likely to have a Chevy engine? I'll bet a lot of them will.

And Ford didn't have anything to do with this except to license it. Just like GM does for mere parts for Chevys.

I'm just wondering why we don't see more 55-57 replica bodies. I've seen a couple of promo cars in the magazines, and that's been it.

Maddog
10-27-2012, 12:53 PM
Because as I stated earlier more and more guys are not putting Chevys in Fords, a trend, at least what I see.