PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Colorado!

chevynut
11-08-2011, 10:00 AM
Hi Tri5ers! I live in northern Colorado and I just joined after getting frustrated with a couple of other Tri5 sites. Seems that once these sites grow too big they make up rules as they go that they don't publish and clarify, and they start editing, deleting, locking, and otherwise tampering with posts by members. I hate that! Some people who become administrators seem to be on a power trip and throw their weight around, and things get too "politically correct" for me. I also want to be able to advertize parts and other stuff for sale without getting hassled.

I'm a mechanical engineer by profession, and I work in the electronics industry for a large computer company. I'm an avid hunter and outdoorsman, and bowhunting is a passion of mine. So I hope I can post some pictures of my hunting trophies and "dead animals" here in the appropriate forum without anyone getting upset about it...LOL! :D

Anyhow, some of you may know me from those other sites...I have the same ID, Chevynut. I have a 56 Nomad that I've owned since 1973 (38 years) but haven't driven since I brought it home and disassembled it. It was in storage for about 20 years from 1981 to 2002 or so, and I pulled it out of storage after building a shop about 9 years ago to finally finish it. It's taken a turn from a mild restoration to a pretty modified car.

The chassis is a home-built C4 Corvette conversion (I have built 28 so far, and build them for other guys as a hobby). It has a late C4 Corvette Dana 44 with Viper 4.10 gears, 13" front Baer brakes and 12" rear brakes both with Baer Eradispeed rotors. Braking is powered by a hidden ABS Power Brakes electro-hydraulic booster/master cylinder. It has a Ramjet 502 with a Holley Commander 950 controlling it, and a 1000 CFM Holley TB and 42 lb/hr injectors. This is backed up by a Centerforce clutch, and a Viper T56 6-speed and Denny's 3.5" aluminum driveshaft with 1350's on both ends. There are ALdan coilovers on all 4 corners.

I built my own 23 gallon stainless fuel tank and pump unit, and the engine has Earle Williams' headers followed by DMH 3.5" electric cutouts, an x-pipe, and a full 3" exhaust system with stainless Magnaflow mufflers.

I ended up removing the stock firewall and fabbing a new one myself. After that, a custom radiator support, custom inner fenders, and custom radiator and cover followed. It has a cold air system that I designed and built. External sheetmetal is all stock, as are all emblems and moldings. Bumpers have been welded together and smoothed with guards eliminated. The body has 4" wider than stock tubs in the rear that can accommodate 345 rear tires. Interior mods include 12-way Cadillac buckets, full-length center console, power windows, power door locks, power hood release, alarm system/keyless entry, electronic dimming mirror, 3-point harnesses, and Dakota Digital VHX gauges planned. Steering column is from Flaming River with a Colorado Custom steering wheel.

I have been working the gaps and fitting the front sheetmetal the past few weeks, and it's getting close to where I can begin final priming and blocking. My goal is to have it painted by spring.

Here's a link to my build site...

http://www.picturetrail.com/chevynut

Good to be here...hope this site has some common sense. :o

567chevys
12-26-2011, 07:55 PM
Hi Chevynut
Glad to see that you join this site
hope there is more members that join from other groups when the owners of the web sites forgot where there started and make rules as they go !!!