PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from the Evergreen State - Washington

Rewind
12-06-2011, 09:45 AM
I just located this site and hope that it will be helpful as I am about to embark on a rebuild journey with my '55 210 two door wagon. I acquired it in the early 90's. It spent it's life in Eastern Washington where it is dry and therefore my wagon is free of any rust. It is a fantastic car which I sought in part because of years spent in SoCal in '65 and '66 at the beach, I always twisted my head around when i spotted one of these wagons loaded with girls and surfboards buzzing up and down PCH.
I am just putting the finishing touches on my shop which I have been planning and building off and on for 10 years when my wife and I acquired 5 acres in the countryside and built our home.
I have unique plans for this wagon which will definately make it a stand out. I intend to incorporate some aspects of a '56 two door sedan/hardtop. It'll be a resto-mod for comfort and reliability but I intend to use common sense and certainly not butcher this near perfect wagon.
The wagon came to me with some unique dealer installed trim items and I am presently duplicating a couple of them. I have intentions of selling these which will become available soon. I will make them available to other Chevy owners at a reasonable cost when they are completed. I have NEVER seen these before or since I purchased this wagon and I scan every photo of '55s I see. More on this subject when they are ready. Hopefully I can post a photo here but if not I'll provide directions for viewing them online or I'll send photos of them to anyone interested.
Now it's time to bump around this site with hopes of learning and meeting like-minded Tri-Five people.
Thank you....

567chevys
12-26-2011, 07:57 PM
Hi Rewind,
What parts are you going to be trying to make , please post pictures
Thanks for joining