PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket wheels/567 favorites

56-210Sedan
12-16-2012, 11:00 AM
What is your favorite after market wheel on a trifive? post pictures if you have them. I still like the SS cragars original style, Laszlo has a set of corvette rims on his Nomad (sorry no picture) that looks good to me, not sure of year though, also i have always liked the junk yard dog from boyd coddington. the TT2's look good but to me you see them everywhere JMO. See there is a picture of Chevynuts wheels but like heck if i can get it to post :confused:

chevynut
12-16-2012, 11:22 AM
Marty, my wheels are Z06 Corvette replicas with C4 offset. I actually plan to go to some custom wheels after the car is running.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL97/465705/12624445/401780692.jpg

I really like the wheels in the Meguiars ads that have been in Popular Hotrodding lately. They are similar to my wheels, but I like them better. I like pro-touring wheels because that's what style of car I like. I tend to like a variation on a 5-spoke design like this:

http://www.billetspecialties.com/wheels/pro-touring-series/protouringseries/boost/

http://www.billetspecialties.com/assets/1/7/DimLarge/MX44_Boost.png

http://www.billetspecialties.com/assets/1/7/DimRegular/MX44_Boost-Side.png

Bluegrass Trifive
12-16-2012, 01:52 PM
The T-22s from Coddington look nice 1110

Bluegrass Trifive
12-16-2012, 01:55 PM
The Budnik Ice are one of my favorites also. 1111

Rick_L
12-16-2012, 05:08 PM
The "recent" classic wheel is the Torque Thrust II. They look very good, but they are also very common now (for a reason).

For mine, I'm like Chevynut in a way. I purchased some Budniks and since then I wish mine had a narrower spoke like those pictured. But I'm not all that regretful.

Bluegrass Trifive
12-16-2012, 05:32 PM
The "recent" classic wheel is the Torque Thrust II. They look very good, but they are also very common now (for a reason).

For mine, I'm like Chevynut in a way. I purchased some Budniks and since then I wish mine had a narrower spoke like those pictured. But I'm not all that regretful. Who did you purchase your Budniks from? I may try to buy a set this summer. Not too many dealers in my area.

Rick_L
12-16-2012, 06:09 PM
You can purchase Budniks direct.

I chose to buy them from a local dealer in Houston from whom I also bought the tires. There was a roughly even tradeoff between me not paying freight but paying sales tax on the wheels. I figured there was some advantage in them having some skin in the game selling me both the wheels and tires and mounting/balancing them. And it didn't cost extra and I didn't have to take delivery of the wheels and haul them to the tire store.

I did my homework on spec'ing the wheels and talked direct to Budnik a couple of times. The dealer was also thorough about confirming the specs with both me and Budnik. That was a conifidence builder in both the dealer and Budnik.

I started out at Discount Tire, who is listed as a dealer on Budnik's website. My local Discount Tire store could not have cared less about selling me those wheels. I contacted one other Discount Tire store and they gave me a similar response. I have had some other weird dealing with Discount Tire since then, but I've done business with them simply because they have the best combination of prices and product for some items, the ones they want to sell. (Got a free pair of tires for my truck from them because of a weird deal.) I do think that the Discount Tire deal is probably dependent on the store manager.

56-210Sedan
12-16-2012, 06:35 PM
Who did you purchase your Budniks from? I may try to buy a set this summer. Not too many dealers in my area.

I am not positive but i think Mike/MadMooks can get budniks. I really like the look of the "ICE" that Bluegrass Trifive posted.

Rick_L
12-16-2012, 06:49 PM
I might add that the price from the dealer and the price direct was exactly the same. Only difference was the dealer didn't charge me shipping but did charge sales tax.

markm
12-17-2012, 06:18 AM
Both 55 & 56 have 15 inch Torque Thrust Ds and I like it that way.

56-210Sedan
12-18-2012, 06:47 PM
I keep seeing a company called show wheels in my Super Chevy Magazines anyone of you know anything about them, they have some good looking wheels, although i have never seen them at any of the shows.

reborn55
12-21-2012, 08:17 PM
any wheel tire combination that does not vibrate