PDA

View Full Version : Eldorado seat mounts

chevynut
01-26-2013, 11:52 AM
Who here is using or planning to use '99-2001 Cadillac Eldorado seats in their cars? There may be more years with similar tracks. I have a request to make some seat mounts like I have in my Nomad, and wondered if there was anyone else wanting them so I can make more than one set while I'm at it. There would be a total of 4 mounts, 2 for each seat. Your seat tracks would require some modification to use these mounts, but I know of no other way to do it with the aluminum cadillac tracks.

Don't ask me the price yet....it depends on how many I make. ;)

Please reply, PM, or e-mail me at Lnobi53@yahoo.com

56-210Sedan
01-26-2013, 04:40 PM
Laszlo, i has asked you about some a few years back or maybe it seemed that long ago :D LOL anyway i would still be interested even though i am far off from that stage of the game.

chevynut
01-26-2013, 04:52 PM
Thanks Marty. I'll send another PM. I may just build 3 sets and sell one set on eBay or something. These seats are great in a tri5 but they aren't easy to mount, especially since the tracks are aluminum and you can't just weld a mount to them. My mounts require a couple of holes in the floor on the inboard side of each mount near the hump, one through the front of the seat pan and the other through the center body brace since the seatbelt connects on that corner and it needs to be very strong. I made reinforcement plates that need to be welded under the floor like seatbelt reinforcements. The outboard ones just bolt to the stock 4 holes.

567chevys
01-27-2013, 09:50 AM
I will take a set or two !!!!!

chevynut
01-28-2013, 11:15 AM
Last call for these mounts. Let me know if you have any interest, as I'm working on getting parts made.

destroyertta
01-29-2013, 05:10 PM
i am pretty far off from doing my seats but i was going to run cts seats with the seat bealt biult into the seats i dont know if the eldorado is the same but would the bracket let you slide the seat forward to get in the back for a 2 door i know most of the cts cars out their are 4 doors since they just came out with 2 doors unless your eldorado seats are for a 2 door

chevynut
01-29-2013, 06:37 PM
destroyertta. I don't know what the CTS seats tracks look like. Do you have your seats yet? If you do, could you e-mail me some pics of the bottom of the tracks? And yes, the Eldorados are 2-doors, that's what makes the seats so nice to use in these cars. They are a bit larger than some of the other seats on the market. I have a pair of Lexus seats I was going to use, but I decided they were a bit small for a tri5. Attached are pics of the Eldorado seats. I imagine the CTS seats are similar in size.

destroyertta
01-30-2013, 07:11 PM
i dont have the seats yet about to start the suspension trying to focus on that had my friends camaro in my garage taking up all the room now its out but i would have to come up with a bracket that would let the seat slide forward then lock back into place so i dont think that bracket would work for my setup would probably fit the seat but wouldnt let me get in the back unless i find a set from a two door model those are pretty new so not alot of people have wrecked them yet cadillac seats do fill out the car nice and their very comfy the rear seat fits perfect with about an inch on each side from the measurements i got off line i am sure i can come up with a bracket that would let me use these seats thanks for the response though

chevynut
01-30-2013, 08:32 PM
Another nice set of buckets seats are the ones from the late Monte Carlos. I almost went with those. I'll bet I could make some slight mods to my brackets, and they would work with the Monte Carlo seats too. They should be easier to find, as the Eldo seats are a little hard to come by.

Here's the 2003 Monte seats:

destroyertta
01-31-2013, 09:18 PM
well i just picked up a set of cts seats front and back all black leather from an 07 so i guess i am going to have to fab up some brackets that slide forward then lock back in place something like my had was an 03 honda accord coup the passenger side didnt really tilt forward nothing like the seats that are in my car now do but they would slide all the way forward almost a foot so something like their design that i could make i got a welder and an imagination so i am just going to give it shot

chevynut
02-01-2013, 02:34 PM
destroyertta, for a 2-door car I think any 4-door seat is going to be problematic, if you plan to get into the rear seat much. I think a sliding track could be designed, but keep in mind the safety aspects of it. You need to make sure it's strong enough to support both a front and rear collision. If you can model them after what is on your 03 Honda, that will help with the design.

Let us know how it goes. I haven't tried to find any of the Monte Carlo seats, but my guess is they're not that hard to find.

chevynut
02-01-2013, 03:03 PM
I will have an extra set of these seat mounts available if anyone here decides to use the Eldorado seats. PM me if interested.

rockytopper R.I.P 5-13-2017
01-08-2017, 04:57 PM
I recently saw a post of your brackets on the other site. http://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103613&page=38 maybe it want get deleted lol. Just curious how the Eldorado seat travel 8 inches according to poster compares to the stock locations and travel with your brackets? How farther back and fwd for the seat compared to stock?

chevynut
01-08-2017, 06:44 PM
Rocky, I'm not sure exactly where my brackets place my seats nor how much travel they have. I just remember putting them a little shorter than where I needed them with them all the way forward, since I'm not very tall. The seats are out of the car so I can't measure them. What is your interest?

01-09-2017, 05:19 AM
I Recently updated my factory bench with electric actuators which limited it to 8 inches of travel. I pointed out to my boss (wife) the back seat will now be useless with me driving. She wants buckets now lol. Looking at the post which shows his fwd and aft positions it doesn't look like you utilized the travel to increase leg room as you stated you didn't need it. So if I do go to buckets I'm going to have to build my own brackets it looks like and they will have to extend into the rear floor pan same as my bench frame is to achieve more leg room in front. The poster on the other site claims the Eldorado seats have 8 inch travel which is perfect.

chevynut
01-09-2017, 06:03 AM
Rocky, is there some measurement or pic I could take that might help? I can drop the seat into the car if you want me to.

01-09-2017, 07:31 AM
No it is not needed but thanks. The poster has good pictures showing the seat positions. I have pics of my bench with its fwd and aft location. I reference to the door handle and B pillar relation to the seat back I can pretty much see that your set up appears to retain the rear position close to stock and pushes the seat fwd more than factory in fwd position. This is great if you don't need the extra leg room because it makes it much easier to get in the back seat with your current setup. But I need both that's why I originally went with the 12 inch travel. I now have 8 and my bench is about an inch back from stock fwd position and I get 8 inches of travel back so I'm about 5.5 inches further back than stock I fit perfect.