PDA

View Full Version : Keyless Entry/Start, Auto On Headlights, Navigation Systems, Sirrus/XM Radio

NickP
02-18-2013, 09:39 AM
I would be interested in any input on any and all items listed above - How you did it, Product Used and sucsess or failure.

chevynut
02-18-2013, 10:39 AM
I bought a kit from Dakota Digital that controls the headlights, and the dome light dimming. It's really cool, and it's an easy way to modernize the functionality of the lighting. You can put their sensor in the dash like modern cars have. There are a lot of keyless entry systems on the market. I don't remember what brand mine is but it will roll up the windows remotely, and I even have a button for a hood release. Don't do remote start with a manual tranny. LOL!

markm
02-18-2013, 11:25 AM
I bought a kit from Dakota Digital that controls the headlights, and the dome light dimming. It's really cool, and it's an easy way to modernize the functionality of the lighting. You can put their sensor in the dash like modern cars have. There are a lot of keyless entry systems on the market. I don't remember what brand mine is but it will roll up the windows remotely, and I even have a button for a hood release. Don't do remote start with a manual tranny. LOL!

Come on Cnut where is your sense of adventure.

Run-em
02-18-2013, 01:21 PM
Naw, not really. I bought a electric set of keyless entry off of e-bay ---cheaper & less trouble than extra keys from Mercedes on one of my old diesels. It has always worked. Never did like the Merc keyless system that depended on vacuum pods.

Was easy to install & hide in the car.

Any way, didja hear I'm back onna site, Thanks to Sid & Doug's combined efforts.

MAX