PDA

View Full Version : EFI fuel tank for '56 Bel Air LS 5.3 motor

johnshill
02-25-2013, 09:53 AM
Wanted to ask what replacement fuel tanks members have gone with. I would like to increase tank capacity from stock without losing my spare tire wheel well. I am dropping a LS 5.3 motor into my car and will stick with the factory fuel injection so I will need a tank set up for EFI. Your suggestions will be appreciated. Also I need advice on body mount bushings. I notice Danchuck has a complete kit. Anyone familiar with this or another brand? Thanks for your help. j hill

chevynut
02-25-2013, 11:51 AM
http://www.tanksinc.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=results/category_id=144/home_id=143/mode=cat/cat144.htm

Rick_L
02-25-2013, 01:05 PM
I think the mix of larger capacity, not losing the spare tire well, and EFI is not something you will find off the shelf. You probably need to pick two of the three or plan on custom.

johnshill
02-25-2013, 07:23 PM
I saw on tri-five a member mounting a 25 gal tank to his custom chassis. I'm pretty sure it was not an EFI application (can't find that post). That particular gas tank was sold by Danchuck but I've seen other retailers carry it. I called Danchuck and they said the tank could be modified to be a EFI fuel tank. It held 25 gals and did not require the spare tire wheel well to be removed. There are stock size EFI tanks (16 gal capacity) that I just may end up going with but I sure would like to carry a few extra gallons of gas. Any suggestions on body mount bushings? Thanks Rick_L

56-210Sedan
02-26-2013, 06:37 PM
Going off memory here, but i think CPP carry's a 25 gallon tank, not sure if it accepts EFI but would be worth checking with them.

Rick_L
02-26-2013, 06:53 PM
I'm not sure the CPP tank can be mounted with the spare well still there, I doubt it. And I don't think they have EFI tanks either. Not that you couldn't modify one.