PDA

View Full Version : 20" and 18" Wheel Combo

Crissys55
03-05-2013, 10:50 AM
Hello,

I have a bone stock 55" 2 door hard top. I want to run 18x6 wheels in the front and 20x8's in the rear. What tire sizes should i buy and what offsets? Thank you in advance. Also, if anyone has pics of similar wheel combos on their 55', could you please post them and thanks again.

chevynut
03-06-2013, 05:58 AM
Are you planning to keep the stock suspension? You should consider that before you spend the money on your wheels and tires. If you drop the car, it could change your choices.

Since you've picked your wheel width, your tire width is somewhat determined, especially since you have large wheels. For a 6" front wheel, you'll want a tire with a minimun section width of about 8" maximum, or about a 205 tire. In the rear you'll want a tire about 9-10" wide which is a max of about a 255 width. Check with your tire manufacturer on which wheel sizes they recommend...Tirerack.com is a good place to do that. The tire height you want determines the series to choose.

As far as wheel offsets, a zero offset wheel should work fine front and rear. You could go with about a 1/2" positive offset in front and be in great shape.

Crissys55
03-06-2013, 08:29 AM
Thank you chevynut,

Yes, i will retain the stock suspension. Also, i will drop the front 2" and the rear 3", if possible? Meaning, if the wheels/tires will permit.

Are you planning to keep the stock suspension? You should consider that before you spend the money on your wheels and tires. If you drop the car, it could change your choices.

Since you've picked your wheel width, your tire width is somewhat determined, especially since you have large wheels. For a 6" front wheel, you'll want a tire with a minimun section width of about 8" maximum, or about a 205 tire. In the rear you'll want a tire about 9-10" wide which is a max of about a 255 width. Check with your tire manufacturer on which wheel sizes they recommend...Tirerack.com is a good place to do that. The tire height you want determines the series to choose.

As far as wheel offsets, a zero offset wheel should work fine front and rear. You could go with about a 1/2" positive offset in front and be in great shape.