PDA

View Full Version : New to the site, but not a new GearHead

JT56
03-22-2013, 05:09 AM
My name is Joey and have a 1956 Chevy BelAir 2 door hardtop. I have a Album set up too.

carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)
03-22-2013, 05:11 AM
hi joey and welcome. good to have you here. good looking 56.

JT56
03-22-2013, 05:38 AM
Thanks Carl. Your motto of drive and enjoy them has hit me more than I can say. This car sat up for so long, waiting for the mass build. It may not be a top quality build, but I really do enjoying driving it!

Run-em
03-22-2013, 06:20 AM
Hi, Joey. Welcome to the site. And a great big HOWDY from TEXAS to ya. But then you already are in TEXAS. I'm in Garland. Like your Chevy!!

NickP
03-22-2013, 06:48 AM
My name is Joey and have a 1956 Chevy BelAir 2 door hardtop. I have a Album set up too.

Well, it's about time my BIC. Welcome aboard. You will find this place a bit more openminded than other places we frequent. You can shoot and post your kill here, your avitar is welcome unless it violates the Kremlin and one can express themselves using the typical speach of a gearhead to include a hell yeah or two if required but we tend to shy away from a steady diet of it. Also, and most important - talk freely and about what ever ya feel like here - yes, it's a car place but honestly, I have done this for decades (cars) and I can honestly say that when talking amongst those I choose to visit with at any given point in time never can I recall that all we did was talk cars - There is far more to life than just cars. Be Blessed and again, welcome from a fellow Texan.

smooth 56
03-22-2013, 07:03 AM
Welcome to the site JT56 nice car you have.My car is not the most top quality eather but I drive it just like you that's the main thing.Enjoy them while you can.

chevynut
03-22-2013, 07:24 AM
Welcome to the site JT. Nick said it all....this site is open-form and you can say what you want without having it censored, edited, or deleted. That's not to say that you won't get pounced on by a bunch of guys who disagree with you, though! Except for a few who ran back to the "protection" of the other site after trying to control what we say, we get along pretty well here. We tend to keep it pretty clean, but unlike the other site we realize there aren't a bunch of little boys and girls reading about cars.

JT56
03-22-2013, 07:46 AM
Your right, sometimes things other than cars come up. That is what makes it great. Getting to know one another; past what you drive. Look forward to it. Laszlo will be good seeing your posts! Thanks Everyone!

JT56
03-22-2013, 07:49 AM
Well, it's about time my BIC. Welcome aboard. You will find this place a bit more openminded than other places we frequent. You can shoot and post your kill here, your avitar is welcome unless it violates the Kremlin and one can express themselves using the typical speach of a gearhead to include a hell yeah or two if required but we tend to shy away from a steady diet of it. Also, and most important - talk freely and about what ever ya feel like here - yes, it's a car place but honestly, I have done this for decades (cars) and I can honestly say that when talking amongst those I choose to visit with at any given point in time never can I recall that all we did was talk cars - There is far more to life than just cars. Be Blessed and again, welcome from a fellow Texan.

Nick you never told me about this site. I had to get a card in my car to know where to go.

chevynut
03-22-2013, 08:17 AM
Nick you never told me about this site. .

Shame on you Nick!! :) :)

You guys need to get out there and advertize this site!!! ;)

markm
03-22-2013, 09:13 AM
Welcome, like the othes said we are big boys on this site with little or no censorship. However, I have been treated better here with little or no rules than that other site.

Run-em
03-22-2013, 05:32 PM
Nick you never told me about this site. I had to get a card in my car to know where to go.

Wonder who in heck would do that? Leaving cards in guy's cars. I plead the 5th.

JT56
03-23-2013, 07:30 AM
Wonder who in heck would do that? Leaving cards in guy's cars. I plead the 5th.

You didn't even say hello. Whats up with that?:razz:

Tabasco
03-23-2013, 08:26 AM
Hi Joey, here is another Texas welcome. I love your '56. Great colors. I hope to get to see it in person some day.

Louis

JT56
03-23-2013, 09:04 AM
Hi Joey, here is another Texas welcome. I love your '56. Great colors. I hope to get to see it in person some day.

Louis

Thanks Louis, I look forward to it.

Run-em
03-23-2013, 09:27 PM
You didn't even say hello. Whats up with that?:razz:

a little upset when strangers put things in their cars. So I was a little nervous with all the pretty cars. But I meant well.

JT56
03-26-2013, 06:30 AM
a little upset when strangers put things in their cars. So I was a little nervous with all the pretty cars. But I meant well.

You should hit the local hangouts to pass out some cards or I can do that as well.

Joey

NickP
03-26-2013, 08:28 AM
When I hit the local hang-outs, I pass out too.

JT56
03-26-2013, 08:32 AM
When I hit the local hang-outs, I pass out too.

If weather is good, tonight at Texas Roadhouse! Bring some cards. A good reason to eat some good food and have a cold beverage too!

NickP
03-26-2013, 10:19 AM
Wish I could, but priorities have hit me upside the head. Next time I hope.

567chevys
03-26-2013, 02:17 PM
Hi JT56 (Joey)

Welcome to the site !! Glad to have you here !
Hope you enjoy the site .

Nice 56 you have

Thanks Sid

JT56
03-27-2013, 04:32 AM
Hi JT56 (Joey)

Welcome to the site !! Glad to have you here !
Hope you enjoy the site .

Nice 56 you have

Thanks Sid

Thank you.