PDA

View Full Version : Turkey hunting

smooth 56
03-22-2013, 07:25 AM
Do we have any turkey hunter's on board? Season is about to open here was just wandering if anyone else is going hunting.:)

chevynut
03-22-2013, 07:31 AM
Smooth, I was just down in SW Texas hunting hogs and saw at least 50 birds a day. One time I stuck my head out of my blind and waved my arms so they would go away, but they just looked at me. Dumb birds...they were less than 20 yards away. I could have shot several big toms with my bow.

We don't have too many turkeys here in northern Colorado, but we have a few. I haven't hunted them for a few years. We have a place in Kansas where there's a lot of them too, although it's 7 hours away so we quit going in the spring. They charge so much for a turkey license, a hunting license, plus the gas cost....it would be $100 a pound for the meat. LOL!

Good luck!

smooth 56
03-22-2013, 07:36 AM
Well you can come to TN.we will go to my farm in middle TN.and kill all you want we have to manny,I have declaired war on them this year. During deer season I couldn't keep the damn thing's away from me.

markm
03-22-2013, 07:51 AM
I have had to replace my new windshield in my 55 because of one of those damn birds. They are are taking over.

Maddog
03-22-2013, 01:30 PM
Please don't post pics of dead birds, reminds me of Vietnam

Maddog
03-22-2013, 07:13 PM
This is how you go hunting, not sissy little birds1370

smooth 56
03-22-2013, 07:20 PM
Smooth, I was just down in SW Texas hunting hogs and saw at least 50 birds a day. One time I stuck my head out of my blind and waved my arms so they would go away, but they just looked at me. Dumb birds...they were less than 20 yards away. I could have shot several big toms with my bow.

We don't have too many turkeys here in northern Colorado, but we have a few. I haven't hunted them for a few years. We have a place in Kansas where there's a lot of them too, although it's 7 hours away so we quit going in the spring. They charge so much for a turkey license, a hunting license, plus the gas cost....it would be $100 a pound for the meat. LOL!

Good luck!
Chevy sorry I didn't ask did you do any good? If you did don't post any pic's it mite upset Maddog. lol

smooth 56
03-22-2013, 07:27 PM
This is how you go hunting, not sissy little birds1370

Damn right man that's awesome is that you or are you just messin with me. That look's like a record if real.

chevynut
03-22-2013, 08:27 PM
That look's like a record if real.

Haha! Cameras can do funny things. That lion is nowhere as big as it looks in that picture. I guarantee that.

chevynut
03-22-2013, 08:37 PM
How about this one? I shot this 5' 9" bear in Idaho with my bow. :)

I've stalked 7-foot plus bears on the ground on Prince of Wales Island in S.E. Alaska a few times, and have been inside of 30 yards to several of them over 7 foot nose to tail. I have a video of me stalking one that's about 7 foot and the only thing between him and I was the beach gravel and a small rise in the terrain. I got to 32 yards before I decided I didn't want to shoot him. It kinda puckers your butt just a little. :eek:

Maddog
03-22-2013, 08:40 PM
Haha! Cameras can do funny things. That lion is nowhere as big as it looks in that picture. I guarantee that.

The depth is deceiving in pics but it's still much bigger, and tougher then stupid little birds!

Maddog
03-22-2013, 08:42 PM
How about this one? I shot this 5' 9" bear in Idaho with my bow. :)

I've stalked 7-foot plus bears on the ground on Prince of Wales Island in S.E. Alaska a few times, and have been inside of 30 yards to several of them over 7 foot nose to tail. I have a video of me stalking one that's about 7 foot and the only thing between him and I was the beach gravel and a small rise in the terrain. I got to 32 yards before I decided I didn't want to shoot him. It kinda puckers your butt just a little. :eek:

Who's your friend in the bear suit?:)

smooth 56
03-23-2013, 04:49 AM
The lion may be bigger and tougher but those stupid little bird's sure are fun to hunt.:cool:

Run-em
03-23-2013, 07:25 AM
Hey, Laszlo. Will me your Nomad if you're going lion or bear hunting like that again. Dang, those are nice.

Maddog
03-23-2013, 08:02 AM
The lion may be bigger and tougher but those stupid little bird's sure are fun to hunt.:cool:

Taste better too.

smooth 56
03-23-2013, 06:50 PM
Taste better too.

I was going to ask if you ate that cat lol that was my next reply lol. I will have to say that was one nice cat.Wish I could come out west and hunt. You guy's have a lot of animal's that I will never get to see let alone hunt.

Maddog
03-23-2013, 08:23 PM
Some one in Washington killed that cat, it had been killing horses and donkeys. I've seen a few of those at the zoo!

Maddog
04-01-2013, 04:30 PM
I was going to ask if you ate that cat lol that was my next reply lol. I will have to say that was one nice cat.Wish I could come out west and hunt. You guy's have a lot of animal's that I will never get to see let alone hunt.

Here's the pussy I bagged

smooth 56
04-02-2013, 09:14 AM
Lol that's funny,I'll have to say that is one big pussy lol.