PDA

View Full Version : Cadillac Eldorado/Deville bucket seat mounting kits for sale!

chevynut
03-26-2013, 02:24 PM
I just finished building some bucket seat mounting brackets to mount 1992-2002 Cadillac Eldorado seats in tri-5 cars. I had been requested to build a set of mounts like the ones I have in my Nomad by another member, and couldn't justify building just one set.....so I built 8 sets, sold some of them, and still have a couple that are not spoken for.

I think these bucket seats are some of the best available for our cars, since they're a little larger than many others and the backs tilt forward as required in a 2-door to get into the rear seat. They are typically 12-way power with heat. I know these mounts work with 1999-2002 seats, and I believe they work with that entire generation of Eldorados from 1992 but I can verify if you have some. I also believe these would work for the same vintage Cadillac DeVille seats installed in a 4-door (seats don't tilt forward). It's possible they might work with other seats that have tracks on 15" centers.

The parts are CNC laser cut, TIG welded, and all Grade 8 hardware is included. The outer mounts bolt to the stock seat mounting holes. I provide installation instructions with the kit. Some minor fab work is required, such as minor modification of your seat tracks to remove some of the stock pieces, and re-drilling of some holes. The inner mount needs to be custom-fit to your floor, but that's not a difficult job. For safety, I use two bolts in front on each track, and the inboard rear bolt goes through the floor and the floor brace. Remember that your seatbelt is anchored on your seat at the rear inboard corner.

The kit is $295 plus shipping. I will have them on eBay too. Let me know if you have any questions or e-mail me at Lnobi53@yahoo.com

Here's what the kit looks like (click for larger image):

Here's what the seats look like in the car:

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL97/465705/5503122/306781239.jpg

CLASSIC EDGE Designs, LLC
Fort Collins, Colorado

joer5000
07-16-2014, 07:18 PM
I just finished building some bucket seat mounting brackets to mount 1992-2002 Cadillac Eldorado seats in tri-5 cars. I had been requested to build a set of mounts like the ones I have in my Nomad by another member, and couldn't justify building just one set.....so I built 8 sets, sold some of them, and still have a couple that are not spoken for.

I think these bucket seats are some of the best available for our cars, since they're a little larger than many others and the backs tilt forward as required in a 2-door to get into the rear seat. They are typically 12-way power with heat. I know these mounts work with 1999-2002 seats, and I believe they work with that entire generation of Eldorados from 1992 but I can verify if you have some. I also believe these would work for the same vintage Cadillac DeVille seats installed in a 4-door (seats don't tilt forward). It's possible they might work with other seats that have tracks on 15" centers.

The parts are CNC laser cut, TIG welded, and all Grade 8 hardware is included. The outer mounts bolt to the stock seat mounting holes. I provide installation instructions with the kit. Some minor fab work is required, such as minor modification of your seat tracks to remove some of the stock pieces, and re-drilling of some holes. The inner mount needs to be custom-fit to your floor, but that's not a difficult job. For safety, I use two bolts in front on each track, and the inboard rear bolt goes through the floor and the floor brace. Remember that your seatbelt is anchored on your seat at the rear inboard corner.

The kit is $295 plus shipping. I will have them on eBay too. Let me know if you have any questions or e-mail me at Lnobi53@yahoo.com

Here's what the kit looks like (click for larger image):

Here's what the seats look like in the car:

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL97/465705/5503122/306781239.jpg

Fort Collins, Colorado

Can you tell me the height from the floor to the top of seat front. I have 2009 Tahoe bucket seats and they are too high, very thick seat foam

chevynut
07-17-2014, 01:05 PM
IMO most truck seats are going to be too tall. I've heard of Tahoe seats being used, but aren't they 4-door seats? How do you get into the back? The seat backs need to fold forward and they typically don't on a 4-door seat.

From the bottom of the seat mount (raised floor) to the top of the bottom seat cushion is about 10" at the front center, but my seat isn't all the way down. I think it's up about 1" or so from bottom.

joer5000
07-20-2014, 01:08 PM
Hi Can you tell me the height of the seat from the floor to the top of the seat at the front

WagonCrazy
07-21-2014, 06:44 PM
I need a set of these for 2002 lexus seats. ;)

chevynut
07-21-2014, 08:51 PM
joer5000, read my previous post, as I think I answered your question.

BTW, I don't have any of these mounts left since I built 8 sets of them and sold them all. I would need an order of 3-4 sets before I build any more.

chevynut
04-21-2015, 08:12 PM
Guys, I now have Eldorado/Deville bucket seat mount kits available again. It took me a few months to get a new CNC Laser part supplier online but I now have all the parts and I'm putting kits together. I re-designed them slightly to make them easier to build but they are essentially the same as in the pics above. I did slot the rear mounting holes to account for tolerances in the floor mounts as suggested by one customer.

BTW, I'm willing to custom-build some other seat mounts if I can make them work with my parts. Particularly interested in seeing if late model GTO seats will work if anyone has dimensions for the seat tracks.

Kits are now $249.95 plus $17 shipping anywhere in the continental US. Will quote shipping to Canada, Hawaii, or Alaska.

chevynut
04-28-2015, 05:23 PM
Just shipped the third kit of my new batch out today. I still have several of these for sale.

reborn55
07-07-2015, 12:05 PM
Going to look at 1996 Edlo this week--may have teh seats I want and might be interested in brackets---don't know for sure yet--depends on price of seats

chevynut
07-07-2015, 01:13 PM
I have kits ready to go if you need one.

NickP
07-07-2015, 03:35 PM
Laszlo, do you think they might work for 64 Impala seats? I don't have them here so I am unable to do any measurements.

reborn55
07-07-2015, 04:12 PM
Have you had the opportunity to wire the seats---not sure if the ones I am going to look at have memory and heat but pretty sure they have at least one---would like to by pass that stuff and was wondering if their is an easy way to do it

chevynut
07-07-2015, 09:17 PM
Nick, these mounts are pretty specific to the Eldorado seats. The tracks are on 15" centers and the reason they mount like they do is that the tracks are aluminum. I have tried to get info on the GTO seats that some guys are using to see if they would work with some mods.

Reborn55, getting the seats to work isn't that big of a deal. Mine work with just a few wires hooked up. The passenger side is easy, and the driver's side isn't bad even with the memory. Mine have the memory module and heat. Just make sure they work in the donor car if you can, so you don't have to get a new module or motors. Several guys have bought these seats and my mount kit and got everything to work.

reborn55
12-27-2015, 12:48 PM
Do you still have any brackets for the caddy seats available--just checking for an friend---I will need a set sometime in the near future--thanks

chevynut
12-27-2015, 01:45 PM
Yes Ken, I have a couple sets left but I've sold several of them recently. Don't wait too long. ;)

Gregs04.5
12-27-2015, 08:31 PM
will these work with 05 Monte carlo seats? I know you stated they are Caddy specific, but I wonder how different they really are as far as mounting goes.

chevynut
12-27-2015, 08:46 PM
Greg, I really have no idea. Are the tracks steel or aluminum? If they're steel they could be welded to my mounts if the center to center spacing is the same or close enough. The reason my mounts are designed as they are is the Cadillac tracks are aluminum and they have to be bolted on.

Chevyd
12-30-2015, 07:51 PM
Chevynut,
Where can I purchase a set of your eldarado brackets ?

Chevyd
12-30-2015, 07:56 PM
Never mind, I found your website. Thanks!

chevynut
12-30-2015, 09:57 PM
Chevyd, I don't have online sales. Just give me a call if you want to order. The number is on the website. ;)

chevynut
01-23-2016, 07:05 AM
I'm nearly all sold out of these Eldorado seat brackets and I don't know if I'm going to make any more of them unless I get 2-3 orders for them. I have one set left to sell and one set I plan to keep for myself. If anyone here wants a set, please contact me before they're all gone.

Also, if anyone is interested in helping me design a kit for other seats you have, please let me know. I think I would be interested in possibly making them work for newer GTO and Monte Carlo seats.

55 Rescue Dog
01-23-2016, 04:25 PM
I would love to have seats, and adaptor mounts for any seats, that would work with integrated 3 point seat belts. To me, that would be a great set-up.

reborn55
01-23-2016, 08:09 PM
Still trying to get things lined out to install Caddy seats in my 55---just need to finish wife's street rod and hopefully you will still have a set seft--also have a set of 2002 Monte Carlo buckets but not sure if I could be of any help

chevynut
01-23-2016, 09:00 PM
Ken, could you measure the center to center distance of your Monte Carlo seat tracks for me? Also could you post a picture of the bottom of the seats? Are the tracks steel or aluminum? I am hoping that someway I can modify my seat mount kit to accept the Eldorado, GTO, and Monte Carlo seats with one kit. Chad had his GTO here a while ago and I forgot to measure the seats.

reborn55
01-25-2016, 06:19 AM
Will get you some pictures this week some time--do you want them posted here if I can

chevynut
01-25-2016, 07:21 AM
Ken, you can send them to me at Lnobi53@yahoo.com. Chad will be here in a few days to pick up some suspension parts so maybe I can check out his GTO then. The Monte Carlo info and pics would be great. Thanks.

lakespeed
01-25-2016, 11:58 PM
chevynut

I bought a 56 150 2 door post last year and also found a pair of front seats from a 2002 CTS (I think). They are powered and heated. I am not sure how they match up with what you have done for other Caddy seats, but you have mentioned some interest in developing other kits.

The seats I have are from a 4 door, but they have integrated belts which is nice. I was hoping that the mounts that you have already made would fit, or that you could make some for my seats. I am not sure of the exact year and model, so obviously I need to figure that out. What measurements do you need as a starting point? I will get some pictures up as well if that helps.

Would you consider looking into this? I am in Canada - I hope you would ship here.

Thanks for your time

chevynut
01-26-2016, 07:10 AM
Hi Lakespeed. I don't know if my seat mounts would work with the CTS seats or not, or what modification it would take. To develop a kit I would want more than a one-off design and I have not heard of anyone else using CTS seats. I would be willing to take a look to see if they might fit my brackets. Who knows, maybe the CTS used the same tracks as they used for the Eldorado.

Please e-mail me at Lnobi53. I would want to know if the tracks are aluminum or steel, the center to center spacing of the tracks, and I would like to see a close-up picture of only the tracks from the bottom and the side. It's a longshot, but who knows. Maybe they would work with minor mods.

lakespeed
02-23-2016, 02:16 PM
Bad news: Can't get the CTS seats to fit
Good news: I am looking for Eldorado seats

chevynut
02-23-2016, 08:18 PM
I just sold my last set of Eldorado mounts that I intended to sell. I have one more kit that I was saving for my other 56, since I have another set of Eldorado seats I bought for it that I might sell. I wasn't planning to make any more but if there's a demand for 3-4 kits I might make another batch.

reborn55
02-23-2016, 08:38 PM
I will probably need a set, but not until next fall---just did my taxes and uncle sam is going to get my interior money so 55 is on back burner and bench seat will have to do for now---if you get enough people let me know

chevynut
06-28-2016, 03:31 PM
I now have another batch of Eldorado seat mounts available. I've already sold a couple sets so if you want them now is a good time to get them before I'm all sold out again. I probably won't order another batch of parts unless I get a couple of orders after these sell out.

chevynut
07-10-2017, 02:47 PM
Hey guys, just thought I'd inform you that the pricing for my Eldorado seat mounts is probably going up. My laser part supplier has hiked the prices 2-3X on the parts and I can't absorb the additional cost and justify making them. I have already committed to a few sets that are paid for and I have to honor the old pricing. Right now for a limited time I will sell them at the same price, while I'm looking for another supplier or negotiating the cost. Once I have the costs nailed down, I will be adjusting the price and I'm thinking we'll see a $25 increase for the kit. I haven't changed the pricing of my frames or seat mount kit in years, and have actually lowered my rear C4 kit cost from the original price due to CNC Laser cutting parts I used to have to make by hand. I just increased my shop rate because I was told by a customer that I was too cheap. :)

Let me know if anyone is interested in getting on the list. The new pricing will probably take effect around the end of the month after I evaluate my parts and labor costs.

chevynut
08-16-2017, 07:22 AM
I now have the Eldorado seat mount kits available. They're $265 plus $18.85 flat rate USPS shipping in the lower 48 states. PM or email me at Lnobi53@yahoo.com if interested.

chevynut
12-07-2017, 08:27 AM
Still have a few seat mount kits available but I'm running low. Order soon if you want a set. ;)

busterwivell
12-10-2017, 05:15 AM
I have to find the seats first...........

chevynut
01-08-2018, 06:03 PM
Got hit with another increase in laser parts costs starting the new year....some went up 50% while others went up 10%. So I am forced to increase the seat mount kit price again. I only raised thr price $15 last summer to $265 (planned on $25 increase) and now they're going to $280 plus $18.85 flat rate shipping. Lots of guys have given me good feedback on these kits so I hope the price increase is palatable. I guess inflation is back! :geek:

Indianadroptop
09-07-2019, 12:41 PM
Wonder if these would Cadillac DTS/Buick Lucerne buckets?

chevynut
09-08-2019, 08:22 AM
Wonder if these would Cadillac DTS/Buick Lucerne buckets?

I have no idea. If they're from the same years, 1992-2002, it's possible they used the same seat tracks as the Eldorado. The Eldorado tracks are aluminum, they're about 15" center to center. You have to remove the front and rear steel clamps from the seats and use those holes on my brackets. Can you post pics of the seat tracks?

teahead
06-17-2021, 02:51 PM
Hi, do you have any left?

Looking into buying a whole car (cheap; Eldorado) and need brackets.

As far as the wiring, is the module on the door or on the seat itself?

reborn55
06-20-2021, 10:49 AM
Hi, do you have any left?

Looking into buying a whole car (cheap; Eldorado) and need brackets.

As far as the wiring, is the module on the door or on the seat itself?

might try contacting Lazlo Nobi via facebook

BamaNomad
06-20-2021, 09:17 PM
OR just contact him at his business (home based business)..

http://www.classicedgedesigns.com/home.html

970-218-6710
info@classicedgedesigns.com

reborn55
06-21-2021, 06:12 AM
OR just contact him at his business (home based business)..

http://www.classicedgedesigns.com/home.html

· FAQS (http://www.classicedgedesigns.com/faqs.html)
970-218-6710
info@classicedgedesigns.com (info%40classicedgedesigns.com)

Couldn't remeber that

chevynut
01-16-2023, 09:29 AM
I am not building these anymore, but a guy I know in Virginia who bought a set from me may be taking over building them. He has all my CAD files, and we may be working a deal to get my assembly jig and other stuff to him so he can start selling them. Since I quit, I've had at least a dozen guys asking for them. If anyone wants a set, let me know and I'll send you his info.

jlstapp
02-26-2023, 07:25 PM
Please send me information on who is building your mounting brackets to mount 1999-2002 Cadallic Eldorado bucket seats in a Trifive Chevrolet. I am looking for Eldorado seats now. Thanks

chevynut
02-26-2023, 08:40 PM
Please send me information on who is building your mounting brackets to mount 1999-2002 Cadallic Eldorado bucket seats in a Trifive Chevrolet. I am looking for Eldorado seats now. Thanks

Let me check with him to make sure he's planning to build them. He once wanted my assembly jig but I haven't heard from him in a while.

jlstapp
03-13-2023, 08:38 AM
I have located a set of Eldorado Buckets seats but waiting to see if the guy in Virginia is going to make brackets. Have you been able to contact him? Also do you still have pictures of brackets? If so would you post those. thanks!

chevynut
03-13-2023, 08:43 AM
I have located a set of Eldorado Buckets seats but waiting to see if the guy in Virginia is going to make brackets. Have you been able to contact him? Also do you still have pictures of brackets? If so would you post those. thanks!

Yes I contacted him and he said to have customers call him. I won't post his number here but will PM it to you. There are pics on this thread.

jlstapp
03-14-2023, 06:06 AM
Yes please pm on my email or phone # in the email I sent you. Thanks

chet0923
05-30-2023, 08:13 PM
Yes I contacted him and he said to have customers call him. I won't post his number here but will PM it to you. There are pics on this thread.
Could you PM me his info as well. I have a 56 chevy and have a line on 1996 El Dorado bucket seat

chevynut
05-30-2023, 08:39 PM
Okay guys, he's set up to build and ship these kits now. I have nothing to do with it anymore so any issues and you deal with him. Here's his contact info....

Phil Jones
434-942-8076
pjonesz5@yahoo.com