PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

Mig31
02-17-2012, 11:54 PM
Howdy yall,
I have a 1957 Chevy 2 door hardtop. It is my Daily driver. I got it about ten years ago and when I bought it it wasn't running. I spent a lot of Time and money and got it running. I fixed it up on the fly while I drove it. I did have professional help on the way. Hats off to Estes garage in Oregon City OR. It has a crate 350 with a turbo 350. I put in a digital dash. an electric windshield wiper motor with delay. I put in a vintage air heat/AC that hooks up to the original controls. The radio is an AM?FM cassette player with a CD changer in the trunk. I had the interior reupholstered but I ended up pulling out the front bench seat and putting in bucket seats out of a chrysler sebring convertible.
Last year I accidentally destroyed the back end of my baby when my foot slipped off the brakes and mashed the accelerator while backing up. I really crunched her. Luckily my 1957 American LaFrance Firetruck was parked sideways behind it. This is a big rig. I moved it five inches sideways.
Thank goodness for competent auto body repairmen. About ten weeks and ten thousand dollars and the car is better than ever.
This is the car I drive to work. I drive it to the store and wherever I go. I am teaching my 16 year old son to drive using this car. He is doing great. My wife is tolerant of my old car hobby, but she drives a new Chevy. I love my car. It is comfortable and reliable. Everytime someone offers to buy it I smile. I don't think I will ever sell my baby!

misuraco
03-16-2012, 08:33 PM
Post some pictures. :mrgreen:

carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)
03-26-2012, 12:58 PM
hi mig and welcome. good to have you here and nice intro.

chevynut
03-26-2012, 04:33 PM
Interesting story, and WELCOME!