PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

slfwilrr
04-26-2013, 11:06 AM
For the past 7 or 8 years I have wanted to buy an old SUV, as in a station wagon, long before now when they seem to be cool. IT has to be a GM and can't sit low to the ground because my 76 vette kills my wifes back as does most modern "cars". Just in the last two days I came upon a 57 4 dr wagon for sale and from the pictures it looks pretty straight but is definitely a rust bucket. I have a day off and it's raining so I thought I'd try to get some opinions / ideas from you guys. Before I make the purchase I need as much info as I can get. I already found at the window glass for this vehicle shouldn't be a problem which I is not the case for other less popular wagons. Looking forward to hearing from you guys and gals.

:D:D

chevynut
04-26-2013, 11:14 AM
Wagons have ALWAYS been cool, imo. Show us some pictures and we can give you a better idea what you're getting into. Luckily almost every piece of sheetmetal is repopped for these cars.

Welcome to the site!

slfwilrr
04-26-2013, 11:25 AM
I'm going out this weekend to actually see the car. It's right in the same small town in Missouri that I live in. The few pictures online that I've seen show all ths ide trim, both sides and all the glass and it looks straight but rusted. I'm doing my prelimary research so when I get with the owner I'll be ablle to make a good decision at the time. Are 57 4 door wagons fairly rare or is it just the nomads. I'm assuming Nomads ar two door wagons? I particularly want the 4 door and a I hope to put it on a modern all wheel or 4 wheel drive frame/ susension. Nothing high or off roadiing just for traction control in rain / snow. Thanks for your response Chevynut.

JT56
04-26-2013, 11:29 AM
Welcome slfwilrr. Great group of guys!

Run-em
04-26-2013, 12:14 PM
Glad to have you here. & a great big HOWDY from TEXAS to you. Agree with you that there is just something great about being able to go sit in the car & be comfortable.

carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)
04-27-2013, 07:02 AM
:) hi ya and welcome. good to have you here. all and any trifives are cool. nomads will cost more, you should be able to get a good buy on a 4dr wagon. good luck.