PDA

View Full Version : Testing testing is this thing on?

My57-150
05-06-2013, 04:07 PM
Just read an e-mail from Sid saying the issues with the site have been resolved. Just wanted to see if I could get logged in and post.

Rick_L
05-06-2013, 04:12 PM
Looking good so far.

56-210Sedan
05-06-2013, 06:25 PM
I see you :cool:

Run-em
05-06-2013, 06:59 PM
I can see you, can you see us, 150?

567chevys
05-06-2013, 07:02 PM
No i dont see any one

NickP
05-06-2013, 07:12 PM
Looking good

carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)
05-07-2013, 06:02 AM
working good today. :)

smooth 56
05-07-2013, 07:09 AM
good to see you!

chevynut
05-07-2013, 08:52 AM
So the problems we've been arguing about for months weren't the user's fault after all. Hmmmmm

We were told some time ago that the problems were fixed when the server was replaced, but they really weren't. We'll see.

Trifiver
05-07-2013, 09:26 AM
So the problems we've been arguing about for months weren't the user's fault after all. Hmmmmm

We were told some time ago that the problems were fixed when the server was replaced, but they really weren't. We'll see.

My email to Sid this morning,

Hi Sid,

After four days of research neither I nor the data center engineers can explain why Nick or Hep are unable to reach the data center.

From what they see at the physical DC there is no reason why these two should not be able to reach the site. The only thing we can guess is that there is something in their individual ISPs that is blocking access.

Can you please ping both of them to see if they can see the site, or they can see the following IP?

http://www.trifivechevys.com

AND

http://173.225.20.129

If they are unable to they win at stump the engineers on this end and will need to contact their ISPs to see why access is being blocked.

Chevynut, we didn't "fix" anything. The Digital Fortress data center engineering team didn't fix anything. No admin, engineer, or technician from anywhere between the box on the rack to the DC OC3 to the cloud fixed anything on this end.

None of us, from three different organizations, can explain why the effected users couldn't see the entire data center, let alone the individual server within that data center that Sid's website lives on. Nor can we explain why, apparently suddenly today, some of them apparently can again.

I accept your continued belief that every non-related issue you combine into your description of "problems we've been arguing about for months," and accept full responsibility for all of them. Whatever is wrong is completely and personally my fault. My inability to resolve all of these issues, no matter the cause, is not meant as an affront the user base on this website, and you have my personal apology that your user experience of my client's website has not been able to meet your expectations.

Again, this is no fault of my client, Sid, but through the complete ineptitude of myself and the national co-location data center I host my services through.

NickP
05-08-2013, 07:53 AM
Now that a mouthfull. I'm just tickled to be back on, regardless.

567chevys
05-08-2013, 09:42 AM
Glad to have you back on !!!!:)