PDA

View Full Version : New old man

DoubleNickel
05-18-2013, 06:29 PM
Howdy! Rotisserie restoration 1955 sedan 210 converting to Bel Air. Hope you guys don't mine questions. Also, cant believe the name DoubleNickel was available, maybe it's not so cool after all. lol

Run-em
05-18-2013, 07:00 PM
HOWDY from TEXAS! Welcome to the site. I'm in Dallas, where are you? What plans for your car? Clue us in!!!

DoubleNickel
05-18-2013, 07:49 PM
I live in south Fl. I was going to build a trailer queen but later decided that would be stupid for me. I want to drive the car not let it sit in my garage. So, I decided to build a nice driver. I'm already "WAY" over budget so my wife tells me lol. I have finished the metal work including two new quarter panels (long story and pain in the rear but I did it!!!!), painted the bottom using SPI truck liner coating, frame is done, engine which is a 383 stroker 460HP 700r trans, air ride suspension, etc.. One thing I learned is I should have done the body work first, paint then the frame last. It's going to be really hard to keep the frame clean once I put the body back on to finish the body work and paint. As of today the body is still on the rotisserie, I will install the body to the frame once I finish the Williams firewall because it's easy and nothing in my way, then install doors, trunk lid, hood and fenders and start blocking my butt off. I'm using SPI epoxy, stuff is great, I may not even use primer I like it so much, real easy to see low spots even without the use of guide coat and sands great. The biggest problem I have is I'm a perfectionist but don't really have the skills to match if you know what I mean so it takes me two weeks to do what would take you guys one day. Been working on the car for 1 1/2 years and hope to be done in 1 more year, If I live that long. lol

carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)
05-19-2013, 03:25 AM
:) hi 55 and welcome. good to have you here. you didn't hide those receipts from the wife? :eek:

JT56
05-19-2013, 07:21 PM
Welcome, sounds a very nice build!

Joey

NickP
05-19-2013, 08:08 PM
Welcome aboard 1785

567chevys
05-20-2013, 03:40 PM
Welcome to the site , Do you have any pictures to post ?
Now there is 3 guys close to your name , you and one other guy , the other guy fell overboard

Thanks Sid

chevynut
05-21-2013, 08:28 AM
Now there is 3 guys close to your name , you and one other guy , the other guy fell overboard

LOL! I think he's still around, just not posting. I am friends with him on FB so I'll see if he'll come back and tell us what he's been up to.

Welcome to the site DoubleNickel!