PDA

View Full Version : 56 4dr post 210 parts identification help

hdlowrider8
05-28-2013, 12:52 PM
I took these parts off of my 56 4dr Sedan about 9 years ago ( I know, the project has taken a LOT longer than I thought it would), and I can't remember where they go. Can anyone give me a little id help?

The first 2 pictures have me stumped. They look like 2 right and 2 left pieces, but I'll be darned if I can figure out where they go. They are about 1/4" thick and are pretty beefy.

I know where two pieces in the last picture go - they attach to the post outside the car. But I don't know how they attach. There's a hole through the post so there must be something that goes through the hole and clips into them.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks. Steve

chevynut
05-28-2013, 05:10 PM
The first two pics are nutplates that go in the cowl for the door hinges. The third pics is braces between the fender and grille support. I can't enlarge your pics so I can't tell what the last parts are.

hdlowrider8
05-31-2013, 07:02 AM
Hey thanks CN. I appreciate the help. Would you have a pic of where the nutplates and braces go? I've got access to some assembly drawings, but they aren't very good (or I can't read them right). The third pic is of a cover that attaches to the outside on the post of the 4dr. There is a hole through the post that evidently has some kind of connector that goes through the hole and these pieces cover the connector. There are tabs on the pieces that bend down over the connecter. I just don't know what the connector/bracket that these connect to. I guess I should have taken more pictures when I took the car apart. Thanks again!