PDA

View Full Version : Brand Help on Ball Joints

markm
06-10-2013, 04:57 PM
When I bought my 55 a few year back in pieces the front suspension was rebuilt and five years later my lower ball joints are totally trashed. Who sells good ones, these were apparently real pieces of shit in less than 5k.

Rick_L
06-10-2013, 06:07 PM
Get Moog brand, Rockauto.com sells them. Also many auto supplies. There are also re-branded ball joints that are actually Moog, but that's a minefield as far as ID'ing that kind of thing sometimes.

markm
06-11-2013, 06:59 AM
Just ordered Moog lowers and all four tie rods, I think I have now redone or replaced everything Ronnie did on this POS.

Geoff
06-11-2013, 07:37 AM
POS = Previous Owner Syndrome. I hate re-doing work that should have been done correctly in the first place.

I need to buy Moog ball joints, tie rod ends, etc. from Rock Auto. Please let us know how the parts look when you get them.

NickP
06-11-2013, 07:55 AM
MOOG and ROCK AUTO are at the top of my list.

Maddog
06-11-2013, 07:57 AM
Just stay away from anything that CPP, Danchuk, Ecklers etc sells, all cheap Chinese. Buy name brand, Moog, Raybestos from places like Rock Auto or your local auto parts store. Moog and Raybestos are probably made in China as well but they seem to do a good job at specifying good quality and making the manufactuer adhere to that level. I've never gotten a bad Moog part.

NickP
06-11-2013, 08:06 AM
BTW, MOOG AUTOMOTIVE is owned by Federal-Mogul.

markm
06-14-2013, 05:06 PM
POS = Previous Owner Syndrome. I hate re-doing work that should have been done correctly in the first place.

I need to buy Moog ball joints, tie rod ends, etc. from Rock Auto. Please let us know how the parts look when you get them.

Moog stuff arrived today frpm Rock Auto looks good, ordered a idler from Speedway as Moog does not sell one it arrived yesterday. Still waiting on a pair of tie rod adjust sleeves from Mutton Hollow.

JT56
06-15-2013, 04:25 AM
Can you just get the ball joint boots? What are the part numbers for the ball joints?
Thanks